Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Rock ON, Hot Mamas!

I read an article today that caught my interest:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6839724/

It's about a new mini-trend of stay-at-home-moms forming garage rock bands and having some success at it.

This makes total sense to me. We SAHMs can be bitter--we know angst. Didn't you all read my posting a few days back about friends? A REAL pity party, right? (GRIN)

We have a lot of material to work with, actually. The only downfall, I’m not sure everyone would like to hear rock songs about boob saggage, hallucinations from lack of sleep, or children’s tantrums. Still, I think there IS a market! Hmm…maybe I should consider this among my future career possibilities, just after novelist, teacher and therapist?


The only hitch I see is, I’m totally tone deaf. But, hey, if Ashlee Simpson can do it AND have her own TV show about it, I think I can pull it off. I won’t even have to dye my hair black.


I can just hear me now…the next time the kids are fussy or being "T.R.s" (our abbreviation for "turd rustlers")---
“You make me wanna…you make me wanna….SCREEEEAAAMMMM!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home