Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Slow Changes

It's slow...
this changing.
It comes from within,
but now shows small outward signs.

The angled shoulders,
where there were curves.
Stronger legs to stand,
and more powerful arms.

Instead of a morning fog,
I arise more energetic,
Ready for each day.
Meeting it, not dreading it.

Patience is not easy to come by,
and so week by week I struggle,
to continue the fight,
and not give up.

Pound by pound I slowly shed,
layers of protective armor,
that shielded me from pain,
but also caused even more heartache.

I have many miles to go,
on this long and difficult journey,
but this time it feels attainable.
And so, I continue on, determined.

Pound by pound slowly.
I continue my work,
as the gyms grow more silent.
New Years' promises left behind.

I am still here running, struggling,
pushing myself doggedly,
refusing to give up this time.
And, watching the changes come...so slowly

But, at least there is change
and that gives me hope,
of a metamorphosis to come...
a change that must happen.

Like a butterfly flying away from
it's dark and confining shell,
then I will run off triumphantly,
finally set free.

The theme at Mama Says Om this week is "slow." Go check out what other bloggers had to say about this week's theme.

12 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Lovely, Steph.

2:30 PM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Wow...you are a great writer. Good for you for sticking with it. You should be very proud of yourself, but GAWD!!!! why does it have to take so long!!

4:14 PM, February 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww... God, how much do I hate that I read this while snarfing a piece of pizza?? Willpower, why hast though desertest me?

7:59 PM, February 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful...

8:40 AM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Great work, Steph. I hope you inspired yourself writing this! It's beautiful and I think it belongs over in Cat Scratch Fever. :)

8:47 AM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Jess said...

Very nice, Steph. Centering. This may end up on my fridge.

(Uh, that was a compliment.)

11:24 AM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Angela, I'm jealous of your pizza. Shelli, I already replied to you, but yeah, I wrote it. Thanks to you and everyone for the compliments on it too!

1:59 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

Slow and steady wins the race, right? :)

4:28 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know what, Momcat? You have inspired me. Rarely am I inspired. Thanks.

6:23 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, who knew you could write? (I mean great job, Steph!) Really, good phrasing, imagery, struggle...welcome girl genius, nicely done.

6:32 PM, February 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am working at this too, trying to be the person I deserve to be. Every time I glance at the cookies I think, are they worth it? And every time I sweat my ass off, I wonder is THIS worth it?

But it is. Thanks for making me feel less alone.

10:49 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger christina said...

I am so PROUD of you, impressed and inspired.

9:18 AM, February 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home