Friday, February 03, 2006

The Fruits of My Labor

The talented and warm Christina invited me to join a postcard swap recently. Not being an artist really, I sweated a bit about joining in, but in the end I really enjoyed it. And after many late nights putting my scrapbooking skills to use, I came up with the finished product.


Thanks to Christina for including me! I am looking forward to getting postcards from all over in my mailbox soon! And, I'll share them with you all once I do!

I also wanted to add something regarding yesterday's post about the strange girl in my class. I realize that perhaps my story came across as mean or insensitive towards someone who was less fortunate. Those who know me personally, know that I'm not that type of person. I actually feel good that I am known by classmates as being the person who was nice to everyone in my class. This girl, however, was mean and obnoxious even when you tried to be kind or compassionate. She was a difficult person to feel sorry for, because of her continued actions. Perhaps this was a defense mechanism on her part, but she never let up and many in our class did not talk to her at all or openly ridiculed her. Anyway, I felt like I should clarify because I am not a hateful person and I definitely was never one to ridicule someone in a mean-spirited way.

OK, have a great day everyone!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

There's a great website www.postsecret.com where people write secrets on postcards and mail them in...some of them are gorgeous.

9:32 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Days, I keep hearing about that website and I just finally went to check it out. I TOTALLY LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing!

1:15 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Karen Bodkin said...

That is gorgeous!!

3:49 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

I personally have always known of your "scandalous behavior" and reported it to anyone who would listen. No one is listening so you are safe! Thanks for the visit and the vote.

7:43 PM, February 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post card came out very nice. Good job!!

Vicki :-)

1:00 AM, February 04, 2006  
Blogger Tamara said...

I am secretly joining the scrapbooking cult too. But don't tell anyone.
Post card - Wow. YOU are an artist! You are able to create in so many ways. That is a gift. And I (someone who likes to think I know you well even though I have been absent from your sctive daily life for a while) totally took your last post in the spirit it was given. You are one of the least judgemental people I know.

10:50 AM, February 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home