Monday, January 23, 2006

Redefining the 64-pack...

I just had one of those amusing and unforgettable toddler moments that I have to share with you. Last week, we had painters at our house, painting our living room and bedroom. So, my daughter and I took up residence upstairs in the game room. Well, being a certain time of the month, I also had to have a "supply" of feminine products upstairs. I took a little makeup bag and loaded it up and put it in the guest bathroom to have when I needed it.

I was just on the web surfing and my daughter was playing nearby when it got very quiet. I should have waited until her naptime to get on the web, I know, but this addiction of mine is quite out of control. So, I hear this rustling sound of paper. I should have jumped up to see what it was, but I thought nothing of it.

Suddenly, my daughter is tapping on my leg saying "Cuh...cuh...cuh!" This is her way of saying "color."

She had something in her hand. It was long, white, and it took me a moment to realize just what it was, actually.

IT WAS A FREAKING UNWRAPPED TAMPON!

Yes, she had found my "stash" and had gone to town. She loves to unwrap the paper off her colors before she uses them, so she just assumed the paper wrapping was just that and she could just peel it away and start coloring. So, I walk over to find that she'd been hard at work on a big blank sheet of paper. Several tampons and a few pantyliners were scattered about on top of her "art." I am sure she just didn't understand WHY she couldn't get that "cuh" to write!

So, this gets worse. In trying to come up with a clever title for this post, I decided to Google the word tampon. I don't know if I should die laughing right now, or be profoundly disturbed that someone took the time to come up with their own works of feminine art:

http://www.tamponart.com/

I personally, like the dominatrix and the Liberace. Funny, I don't think I'll ever look at a tampon the same after today for so many reasons!

11 Comments:

Blogger David Edward said...

on my way there - and resting for tonights event!

1:34 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

Did you ever see the clip on America's Funniest Videos (okay, I know it's stupid brain candy--empty calories, blah, blah, blah, but it can make you laugh until your sides hurt) where the two boys found a tampon in the corner of their yard (they never explained WHY there was a (thankfully unused) tampon in the corner of their otherwise normal looking suburban yard, but the mystery is part of the joy of AFV)? They thought it was DYNAMITE! They were all freaking out and wanted to call the police because someone left dynamite in their yard. It was pretty funny--nowhere near as funny as www.tamponart.com, though...:)

3:57 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:59 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Be careful what you say to reporters...you never know what might get repeated! See lastest Blog Olypics Pagentry.....it's my take on what you left in your comments. See you tonight!

8:21 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

ROFL! That is so sick and wrong. But SO funny! (the tampon art, I mean!)

9:03 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Artistic expression is such an incredible thing! LOL! Too funny!

9:17 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Chrixean said...

I must admit, i will never look or think of a tampon in the same way ever again (after this story...) Haha!

4:27 AM, January 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lolol - too funny!! hehe, have you seen the "tampon angel" ornaments for the Christmas tree? I'm serious - there are instructions on the web for making them, lol.

Vicki :-)

6:01 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Me said...

hahaha, that is pretty funny and disturbing, all rolled into one. i had a hysterectomy at 30, and threw myself a party about a week before... gave away most of my tampons as party favors. the rest i stuck in my hanukkah menorah and lit the strings... they don't burn well. also used one for a "molotov cocktail" with the champagne bottle from said party.

loved this post! found you through karlababble.

eileen the jellomonster in sugar land!

10:32 PM, January 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Oh my...what people do when they are bored!

8:43 AM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Hahahaha! The story is one for the baby book!!!
Love the tamponart site - hysterical!

LadyBug

6:06 PM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home