Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Best Day Evah!

The planets, stars, and whatever else needs to be in alignment is there for me right now...and darn it if it doesn't feel GOOD!

Here's just an example of why that is:

  • I just won the CUTEST DRESS EVER for my daughter on eBay (the obsession continues)
  • My nominee (and favorite daily funny read) for the Best of Blog's (BOB) Mommy Blog made it to the finals. Woo hoo, girlfriend!
  • My son now has playdates arranged for the next two days straight after school. (I love him, but I've already detailed why this SAHM loves good playdates.)
  • My scale, for some unexplainable reason, weighed me 4 pounds lighter than it did yesterday. 4 pounds! I weighed 3 times just to check it. I know tomorrow it will be back up, but doggone-it that makes you feel good!
  • I found out they have Weight Watchers classes lead by my favorite aerobics instructor at my gym at a time when I'm normally there working out anyway! This means, I don't have to drive 20 minutes to another location every Saturday morning at the ass-crack of dawn. YAY! (I will blog more on this "resolution" of mine soon.)
  • My hubby has a meeting tomorrow night so I don't have to cook or can try a new Weight Watchers recipe out on just me rather than making the whole family suffer. Kids, can we say Dino-Nuggets and Tots Night? Heh, heh, heh...
  • Finally and most importantly, I took a begrudging boy to his first childrens' choir practice at church while his Dad and I attended a church discovery class and his little sister played in the nursery. Wildcat informed me that I had definitely misunderstood him when he said he wanted to join the children's choir. "I SAID I was going to join when I was SEVEN, Mom. Not six-and-a-half!"
    My only fear was the late night, as it ended at their normal bedtime and we still had to drive 30 minutes home. But, when we picked up the kids everyone was in TOP SPIRITS. We had a wonderful evening and I started to see what having a real church family could really mean for us one day. My son even asked, "Can we go tomorrow too?"

There is only one thing to say to a day that turns out like this...

Thank you, may I have another?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

what a wonderful day! Hooray for you!

(I'm right there with ya on the eBay thing. Its an addiction!!) :-)

11:55 PM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger Chrixean said...

My recent post was about my wondering what was the best diet for me to try this year. By reading this i'm guessing you're recommending the Weight Watchers diet? :-) I need to lose at least 10 pounds... Sigh.

Anyway, glad you had a great day!

6:25 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Hey, we're so connected! I had a great day yesterday too! First the finalist list went up, then I went to a concert featuring Emmylou Harris, Paula Cole, Patty Griffin and MINDY SMITH!

I'll e-mail you more about that. Hope you have another GREAT DAY!!!!

8:36 AM, January 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! I love days like that! I just wish I had more of them!

9:19 AM, January 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its jeans on ebay....
I am a crazed jean buyer

11:25 AM, January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home