Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Slicing Up Some Heaven...

Signs that your new diet may be headed for a tailspin...

You spend 20 minutes searching the Food Network website for a good picture of chocolate cake. When you finish, you have to run downstairs and quickly inhale one of your son's lowfat chocolate chip granola bars.

(For the ladies, this could also be a sign that you're on your period. I'm not sure.)

Why the cake you may ask? Well, because it is my birthday! Actually, it isn't my real birthday, but it is my BLOG BIRTHDAY! I thought you all should enjoy this tasty bit of eye candy for the evening. It's better than any other eye candy you might think of, except for maybe this:






I actually didn't even realize last week was my blog birthday, but it was. Just over a year ago, I jumped into the world of writing online and have never looked back. It's be a great year filled with more journaling than I have done in a long time, which has left me feeling more like this writing thing was really what I was meant to do in life.

I feel more in touch with my real soul than ever when I am writing. The friends I have made through blogging have been amazing. While I have only met a few of you in person, I feel I know you all. Your words of support, humor and friendship have meant the world to me. Your witty and interesting writing inspires me daily as well.

So, imagine yourself enjoying a big slice of this bit of heaven with me tonight (the cake, that is), perhaps with a frosty cold one or a huge icy margarita with salt (my favorite). Or maybe you'd rather imagine having that with him instead.

Whichever you choose, may you have many happy blog birthdays to come as well!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have both please!

Happy Blog Birthday!!

8:06 AM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Lisabell said...

Wow - that was a quick year, wasn't it??? Here's to an even better one ahead :)

10:13 AM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger babs said...

yowza... that is one damn fine man! he's totally back on my celebrity list.

btw, you reminded me of how some girls at work celebrate their half birthday... it's the day 6 months from your real birthday... which means that yours is right around the corner! so happy blog birthday AND happy half birthday!

11:12 AM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Oh. My. God.

Thank you. You just made my day!!

Happy Blog Birthdy!

11:19 AM, January 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha!! Happy birthday!!

Um, and... maybe this makes me weird... but I find the cake much more mouthwatering than that Matt picture...

God... must find chocolate...

6:29 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Jess said...

(waves hand frantically in the air) PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!!

I'll even buy the margaritas if you tell me how to trap that man in a car!
Or did you lure him with chocolate cake??

Happy blog birthday! And many more...

7:02 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You just Johnny Depped me with that photo of Matthew M. whew...

(Happy Anniversary. I love, love, love your blog!)

8:15 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Awww, Steph, happy blogday. You have been my first and greatest blog friend and my staunchest supporter and I think you're fantastic. The sky's the limit for you!! Stick with your writing, because it's your gift.

9:30 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Chrixean said...

Happy, happy blog birthday! That cake DOES look yummy! Hmmm..... (stop it, stop it!)
My blog birthday is coming up this February. I may share a piece of cake with you too :-)

12:17 AM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Happy Blog Birthday!!! Enjoyed reading your postings. Keep up the good work.

Btw, thanks for dropping by my blog.

6:57 AM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

It's your birthday and you give US the presents--How generous! (I think that might be THE BEST pic of Matthew EVER!!!!!)

7:19 AM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

happy blog birthday!

And now because of that picture I have to go take a cold shower.

12:46 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Northern_Girl said...

Happy birthday, blog! (Yummy picture...and I don't mean the cake.)

5:03 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Me said...

Oh, wow... that's a verrrry nice picture. He can play naked bongo drums for me anytime! ;)

10:39 PM, January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home