Thursday, January 12, 2006

Oh, the IRONY...

In my heart, should have known.

I am a very superstitious person, typically.

Had I thought about it, I know I would not have dared to tempt fate by posting what I did yesterday. Aside from the happy gloating, how could I DARE to ask for another great day? Well, that was just too much, I am sure.

The word of the day in our house today is IRONY. Why, might you ask? Because after my long bulleted list of wonderful items from my fabulous day, today I have almost as many bullets for why it has been crappy! (I will spare you the bullets, just in case you overdosed on them yesterday!)

My son has strep throat. Yes, he is a walking medical mystery, as he showed no signs of strep what-so-ever. No sore throat here, no fever, nothing like that. He had a headache that lasted most of the day two days ago, so I let him stay home from school. He hasn't wanted to eat at all. I should have known that was a sign of something bad, because my Wildcat pretty much eats like a starving.

So, now, he can't go back to school tomorrow either, because he just got on medication. And, Monday school is out for MLK day. (MomCat's shoulders tense as the realization sets in fully.) OH MY WORD, I have to entertain my 6-year-old for 5 days straight AGAIN!

Wasn't it enough to get through Christmas unscathed? And, now my beautifully organized playdates are gone, gone, gone. And, what of my son? Oh, he's playing video games right now. He doesn't even seem like he sick, which means I must transform myself into "MomCat the Entertainer" to keep him busy and me sane.

It is enough to make a MomCat cry, honestly. Oh, and did I fail to mention? I feel like utter crap today on top of that? Just MY luck, I may have it too.

Where is Mr. Calgon? Someone tell him to get here and TAKE ME AWAY already!

2 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Of course, you've gotta pay for a good day with a bad one! Ugh! Hope things get better for you FAST.

9:22 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Uisce said...

That's no fun, when the kids are sick. I'd rather be sick myself, I think... but then whenever they bring something home, that's the result anyway!

8:19 AM, January 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home