Thursday, September 29, 2005

Gimme a "P!" (On second thought...DON'T!)

So far this past week, I've blogged too much about the hurricane, then got entirely too silly and weird about music, and then suddenly brought everyone back DOWN (waaaay down) with my story about a tornado. So, what hasn't been covered? How about the token "gross out" blog? HA! Perhaps this will finish off my blog readers, or for some warped minds, keep them coming back for more!

So, I'm up to my eyeballs here in something quite disgusting. I'll just go ahead and let the "cat" out of the bag. No, wait the cat was already out of it's bag...and it chose to PEE all over my dining room carpet!

I haven't vented on here about the hurricane and having my in-laws here. For the most part, it was actually nice and fun to have people here to cook for and entertain. I enjoy cooking and love making big meals for family, so I had no problem with seven other people being at our house for a few days to ride out the storm. And, my in-laws are fun. Had it been my own family, I'm sure bickering would have set in, but luckily the in-laws were OK (aside from constantly complaining how they just HAD to get out of here and get home).

There was only one point major of irritation. My mother-in-law brought her typically outside cat to stay IN our house. And, she asked my husband if it was OK, and he said it was. But, I already have a cat. A very neurotic cat that has her fair share of ISSUES already. And, if you've read my blog for awhile, you know these are really bothersome issues indeed. So, we had this strange cat, used to spending most of the day outside, now living inside our house. The entire time, the cat howled to be let outside. We live on a busy street and I agreed with my mother-in-law that she might get hit or run away if we let her out. It got so bad at one point, that we booted my dog out of her spot in the garage so the cat could be out there.

So, basically, where was my highly nervous cat during all of this? Hiding and banished to our bathroom, where I had to move all of her food and box...the poor thing. When she did try to peek her head out, this cat came running at her and scared her to death.

Don't get me wrong, my mother-in-law's cat is actually quite nice. I am so used to having a super-scardey cat, that I enjoyed having a cat around that craves love and will actually SIT in your lap. (The closest I've gotten with my cat is her walking up my stomach to be petted and brushed at night. But, she never settles in. Soon after, she takes her flying leap using my stomach as a spring board to her destination of snoozing choice.)

But, as they were here, I was a little worried that the cat would not get where it was supposed to "go" because it was in a new surroundings. The day after my in-laws left, we were without power. We had the windows open and the sun shining in the front of our house. We started smelling this...um, distinct odor. If you have a cat, you know there is NOTHING quite as awful as the smell of cat urine. Once you smell that odor, you never forget it. Give me a hundred poopy diapers to that smell any day!

Upon further inspection, we discovered that my mother-in-law's cat had used our dining room carpet as its pee spot, instead of its' box. And, this was made worse by the fact that my cat had already issues with doing this several years ago in this same place. So, imagine the odor of this disgusting stuff BAKING in the sun with no A/C.

Yes, it was vile. I used every cleaning product I had, determined that I didn't care if it bleached out the carpet to pure white, I was getting that odor and nasty-ass stuff out of my beautiful carpet. But, the problem is, once the carpet pad is affected, there is not much you can do about it.

We have lived in our house for just over 5 years now. I did NOT anticipate having to buy carpeting for it just yet. So, today the carpet cleaners will come out and do their best. I have this great fear that the odor will be worse when they finish. I told my husband to just be prepared. If it makes the problem worse, we're pulling up the carpet and putting in laminante or hard woods in there. The room adjoins two areas with tile only, so it could be easily done and not too expensively.

I'd consider just replacing the carpeting throughout our downstairs, but we still have my cat to deal with, and she still has issues on occassion. This sounds really awful, because I love my cat, but sometimes I feel I'm playing a waiting game for her to head to the great kitty beyond. Because she's very, very high-maintenance and this maintenance gal is just worn out...and really tired of cleaning pee.

Then, last night, my son decided to also wet his bed. He sleeps so heavy that if he doesn't go just before he gets in bed, he often has issues. As I walked into the room and smelled it again, I almost cried.

And, add to this that we watched a rerun of Dave Chapelle the other night. It was the one where he does the spoof video on R Kelly, changing the words to one of his hit songs to "All I want to do...is piss on you. Drip, Drip, Drip..." The song had been in my head ever since then...Is there any WONDER why?

*** An update--a wonderful magical man that I will worship for here and ever after just left my home with clean carpets! Barely any signs of the stains and it smells like a rose in here. If I planned to have another child (which I don't), I might have to name him after my carpet guy. He's a miracle worker!

1 Comments:

Blogger Blue Bird said...

Cleaning should be a regular activity in the houses but carpet cleaning is very important in a month by yourself otherwise a very good idea is to clean carpets twice in a year for a safe environment in home. I luckily found best services in my home town as
Carpet Cleaning Addison that gave me real satisfaction in cleaning the full house.

5:03 AM, June 23, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home