Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Fa,la,la,la,la...la, la, la...SPEW!

We all have one of them in our family. The family member who arrives to visit in the midst of some sort of flu bug or with sick kids, or both. What possesses someone to show up for a visit two days after their child has had the flu? When three of the four members of their family have been out for several days with it and their kids are still coughing, or should I say spewing, germs all over creation?

I feel like there needs to be some sort of holiday greeting card you can send to these family members who are inconsiderate enough to infect their loved ones.

Merry Christmas!
Now pass the tissue, Germeister.

Happy Holidays,
and Many Returns to the Bathroom!

Thanks for the scarf--
and the strep!

Christmas memories with you...
...are always preceded with the flu!

My son threw up yesterday, the day our relatives left my in-laws. The sick family's mother insisted many times (while her son hacked through his coughing fits not bothering to cover his mouth) that he was not still contagious. Oh REALLY? Well, why then is the diarrhea spreading like wildfire through my family? Is it a coincidence when were all well before Christmas and have had an amazingly good track record of good health this year so far?

If this was the first time this had happened, I wouldn't be so "grinchy" about it. But, it is pretty bad when you take note of the fact that at Thanksgiving, this family did not come to visit sick...and that was the first time you remembered it in awhile.

If we are too sick to go and see my family for New Years, you can bet I'm going to find a way to get a strong message across to the sick family--if you sneeze and hacketh, keep your presents and don't even cometh, for next time I will kicketh your asseth!

5 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

At least my kids waited until after Christmas to get sick. I can handle it today, yesterday it wouldn't have been so good.

4:32 PM, December 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes...it was my (crazy/drunk)aunt this year that came sick. When I mentioned that I hoped the kids wouldn't get sick she FLIPPED OUT and said that she just wouldn't come next year. Oh you won't? Darn it.

6:22 PM, December 27, 2006  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

Eww what an icky present--I am definitely all about keeping our germs to ourselves especially at the holidays.

10:46 PM, December 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry!!!

we spent Christmas Day at the ER and had to cancel our ski trip...

4:11 AM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

We had the exact same thing this year. We, all well, went to visit several people and VIOLA, we all threw up and now have colds.

Go figure.

Hope you had a good weekend with your family after all!

8:45 PM, January 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home