Friday, December 22, 2006

In case you're interested...(UPDATED)

I'm digging my claws in on another site today, over at The Soccer Mom Vote. Drop on by if you'd like to read something both politically and religiously-charged--something I usually try to avoid talking about on this blog! Read the entry before mine as well, to hear from my old pal Tamara who is also a participating soccer mom!

Also, for the always fun and entertaining Babaloo who tagged me, a quick Christmas Meme response to my top five favorite holiday songs:

1. Burl Ives - Holly Jolly Christmas
Something about his voice and this song, just makes me instantly happy when I hear it. I just watched Rudolph with my kids today and we drove around singing to my Christmas CD and I sang it both times!

2. Do You Hear What I Hear - Vanessa Williams
I have a great Vanessa Williams (yes, the now actress/formerly dethroned Miss America) holiday CD that has the most gorgeous rendition of this song. I haven't liked many other versions I've heard near as much as hers. It has a gospel choir in the background. Awesome!

3. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
This is my favorite holiday song from my childhood. Also, I use the words of it often in gentle "threats" to my kids to check their behavior in the weeks before Christmas!

4. Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer
Babaloo's 4th pick is mine too! I think this one makes me laugh most of all because years ago my own Grandmother heard this song and loved it so much she gave it to me on cassette one Christmas. I still remember her laughing as she played it for me.

5. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
This one has special meaning for me related to my Grandmother as well, and I'd intended to blog about this. So many Christmas songs remind me of her because it was her most treasured holiday and time with our family. She loved this song and it had the sort of "boogie beat" to it that she always worked into songs she played on the piano. I can still picture her dancing around in her slippers with me as a kid as we sang along.

I'll tag my "Cat Pack" kimosabes on this one, if they feel like answering. If they are anti-meme, then they can blow it off. So, that means you: Just Babs, Jessie's Girl , Land of Tamara , Blogcharya, and Thee Andrew!

And, check back in soon for a special Christmas card from one of my "litter!"

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Hey MomCat!

Your book is on the way - you should have it on Tuesday.

I went over and read your soccer mom post - I totally agree with you... It's sad... Bigotry is everywhere...
xo
LBC

12:29 PM, December 24, 2006  
Blogger Babaloo said...

Okay... So I guess you saw that I tagged you! I'm off to read your soccer mom post... Merry Christmas!

12:53 PM, December 24, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

LBC--YAY! Post-Christmas, meltdown reading! I can't wait!

Babaloo--thanks for the tag, man!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

12:57 PM, December 24, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:57 PM, December 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home