Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday: Shampoo Rinse Cup


"Cover your eyes with the washcloth!"
"Look up to the ceiling!" (sung to Duran, Duran's "Reach up to the sunrise" song)
"Let's pretend it is raining..."
I've unsuccessfully tried all of these tactics and others to get my daughter to let me rinse the shampoo out of her hair. Every time, the results are the same. She finally gives in, I pour the water over her head and some soap inevitably gets in her eyes. She screams like she's dying and I end up pouring frantically just to get it over with. Then, she attempts to avoid the next bathtime altogether. In short...it's a nightmare.

I stumbled across a new product that has solved my every hair washing dilemma! The Shampoo Rinse Cup works like a charm because the flexible rubber front fits perfectly to my daughter's forehead, keeping the water off her face while it pours down the back of her soapy head. I could KISS this inventor--who by the way, HAD to be someone's mother. Oh, yes. I am certain of that.


Check out the other Works for Me Wednesday posts over at Rocks In My Dryer. I seriously bet you can't read through those without finding at least 2-3 great tips to try yourself.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a great idea!!! wish they sold it here too :(

1:08 AM, December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen that, but it's a great idea! I know moms who would love to own one of those!

Blessings!
Tracy

3:12 AM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

"I pour the water over her head and some soap inevitably gets in her eyes. She screams like she's dying and I end up pouring frantically just to get it over with."

Have you been to our house because this just sounds too familiar?

This product is too cool!

3:18 AM, December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember being just that way as a kid! Great product.

6:42 AM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger Scribbit said...

This would have been so useful, how many times would my kids squirm while I was washing their hair and then it would run down into their eyes and they'd squeal? Of course now they're bathing themselves, but it would have been great--

8:07 AM, December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! Have you been to my house and heard my husband and I prompt our 2 year old to do all those things while we're shampooing? It will be used for my son, but I'm buying it as a Christmas gift for my husband who gives my son his baths!

8:39 AM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger Homeschool Help Web said...

Hey, that's pretty cool! Wish they'd had that when mine were little.

Something else that works great - swim goggles. You can get two in a pack at the dollar stores in summer. We used those for a good while during the worst days of this particular bathtime problem.

9:11 AM, December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen this before, but wasn't sure it would work. Thanks for sharing. This would be great for my kids, too!

9:37 AM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool idea. It looks like something One Step Ahead would sell.

12:33 PM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Great idea about the goggles, homeschool help. Plus, then they get used to those for when they're ready for swim lessons. If our pitcher fails us, I'll have to try that next!

4:03 PM, December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one too! Aren't they the best?! I'm laughing how you said someone's mother had to have come up with this. The cup does work. Great tip. Get the word out. You can't find stuff like this in the stores.

12:37 AM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Claire said...

A fellow Soccer Mom contributor here, who is SO STINKING GLAD to be visiting your site right now cause...

Oh my gawd. Thank you, thank you so much for posting this, because I have needed something like this for my 2-1/2 year old for AGES.

12:55 PM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Glad I can help, Claire! And thanks for stopping by!

8:17 AM, December 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home