Sunday, November 26, 2006

Those darn kids...(UPDATED)

This should go on a master list of "Things You Don't Want to Hear Out of Your Two-Year-Old's Mouth." (Note, my almost 50-year-old, wild-AND-crazy bachelor brother-in-law WAS present and is being blamed for this one...)We came back from our movie/dinner night out to hear this little gem:
Miss Kitty: "Mommy?"
MomCat: "Yes?"
Miss Kitty: "PULL MY FINGER! PULL MY FINGER!" (Turning and running away, while blowing farting sounds on her forearm.)
Apparently she was so pleased with herself, that she laughed so hard she fell backward to the ground and rolled around wildly and then repeated this for the next 15 minutes.

And, a funny one today from my son:
Son: "Mom? Dad says we're leaving in 20 minutes."
MomCat: (looking around realizing how much I still had to do to get us ready..)"Yeah. Tell Dad I said FAT CHANCE."
Son: (standing halfway in the other room): "What?"
"Go tell him I said FAT CHANCE."
"Uh, OK." (sounding somewhat puzzled)
Later in the car:
DaddyCat:"Did you know what your son came out and said to me earlier?"
MomCat: "No, what?"
DaddyCat:"He said, 'Mom told me to tell you FAT PANTS, Dad. FAT PANTS!'
(as I begin giggling)
DaddyCat:"I told him that if his Mom wanted to wear fat pants, I guess that was her OWN business."
--------
UPDATE: A question--our fat pants conversation in the car, turned soon after to a dialog about what fat pants actually were. My husband thought that a woman called something her "fat pants" if they made her look fat. I told him, in my mind, it is a pair of pants that you feel good in when you are FEELING fat (something like sweats, non-fitted stretchy pants, etc) So, a question to my readers, what do you consider your "fat pants?"

10 Comments:

Blogger Pendullum said...

Mom wants to wear fat pants...Classic!!!!!

6:31 PM, November 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, laughing out loud at the fat pants. too funny.

10:09 PM, November 26, 2006  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

And what mom doesn't want to wear to fat pants, right? :)

10:44 PM, November 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same idea as yours. And I'll be wearing them for a week straight after the Thanksgiving dinner we had.

9:07 AM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

I'm LAUGHING!! Just wait until Miss Kitty does it to you in a crowded library--

oh, and my fat pants are my husband's pajama pants. I love them.

10:09 AM, November 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fat pants are the pants you reach for on Thanksgiving day when you give thanks and pray that they don't ever become your everyday pants.

12:00 PM, November 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd say hi as I'm trying to visit and comment on as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can. :)

As a guy, I am not entering the "fat pants" discussion, but it is interesting how kids pick up the things that they both hear and mis-hear. :)

4:13 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger babs said...

Fat pants are totally the ones you don't have to unbutton when you overeat. They are the comfiest pants you own, and you'd die if someone you'd like to impress saw you in them. :)

6:59 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

Hey--fat pants--totally what you said.

10:39 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

Just in case it wasn't entirely clear, I was saying, Hey, you know how you asked about fat pants? They're totally what you said. NOT, Hey, Fat Pants (like that's your new nickname or something)...After I posted it, I realized it didn't come out quite right. Or maybe it did come out right and I'm just an overtired freak. :)

10:41 PM, November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home