Thursday, November 23, 2006

What I Did for NaBloMoPo...

Action News has this tragic breaking story just in...

A virtually unknown local writer, who goes by the name Crazy MomCat, slipped into a coma following a dramatic leap from her stairway on Thanksgiving afternoon, November 23. Witnesses say MomCat did not eat an excess of turkey at the family Thanksgiving dinner and are baffled by the cat's sudden leap.

While doctors investigate the cause of the accident, sources close to the MomCat may have the answer. "Well, I heard her up at a 2 a.m. last night. She was definitely not herself. I tried speaking to her, and she kept pacing around mumbling something about Christmas lists that must be emailed before the Thanksgiving sales." Another insider shared, "I also woke in the middle of night before and found her frantically making some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and a batch of cinnamon apples, and simultaneously copying workout music from her husbands laptop."

Doctors believe that MomCat did not suffer a sudden onset of the dreaded Turkey-induced coma, but instead jumped off her stair railing because she let the holiday buzz get to her early. Her husband reported seeing MomCat just days before her fall, wringing her hands and ranting about Santa Claus invading the mall before Thanksgiving and local radio stations already playing non-stop holiday jollies. Allegedly, local investigators received several complaints the week before Thanksgiving from radio station DJs who received threatening phone calls from unknown source. "All I could hear was this mad hissing sound. I didn't know what it was, but it scared me!" It is unknown at this time if these calls were made by the Crazy MomCat.

Authorities are unsure why MomCat chose to scale the railing on her two-story abode, before she jumped to the cold tile below, but said family members heard a familiar tapping sound coming from her office seconds before she dove to her destiny. According to family, the crazy cat shouted triumphantly, "I did it for NaBloPoMo!" And, with that, she jumped.

An investigation continues...

4 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Oh dear.... The stress kinda got ya, huh? Are you out shopping now? I'm off in a few min....
xo
LBC

8:55 AM, November 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just glad you didn't kiss today goodbye! Thanks for visiting my blog!

8:56 AM, November 24, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Tee, hee, hee! I'm avoiding the crowds today. Given my current state of holiday"grinchiness," I think it is for the best. HA!

9:12 AM, November 24, 2006  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

Hey, I'm not worried, they say cats always land on their feet, right? And Moms have a tendency to be very good at catching themselves as well so you've got it made every which way.

9:22 PM, November 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home