Thursday, November 16, 2006

News Alert: MomCat House Invaded by Teen!

This weekend, we'll be getting a glimpse into what our futures hold in a couple of years when our children are teenagers. My almost 16-year-old nephew is coming to stay with us for 2-3 days. And, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little anxious about it all.

I like my nephew. He's very into music and a wonderful bass and guitar player. He's smart-alec, sure, but so am I. He likes to play poker and Playstation, which will keep both my husband and my son entertained. Now that I think about it, this might just be peachie! My husband is already talking about taking him to see Saw III, which might get me out of having to watch it later on video (and the subsequent nightmares that will ensue, most definitely).

Hmmm...and I have just cleaned out my scrapbooking nook and have tons of things to work on to finish up from my retreat last weekend. (I think I may have failed to mention that it was wonderful, and ironically I unknowingly came so close to actually bumping into another groovy Texas blogger who was at the same place with a bigger group scrapbooking. Small world we live in, eh, Debbie?)

So, back to the teenager thing. Tomorrow, I will arm myself with plenty of Dr. Pepper and pretzels. I will think of something decent to have for breakfast and get that and then rent a few movies that I won't be embarrassed to watch with a pubescent boy. I will say a small prayer that my nephew will not take over my computer with is IM addiction, and that he'll get lots of calls from his friends.

Mostly, I hope that we don't completely bore him to tears. Although, what doesn't bore a 15-year-old, really? I am sure we don't stand a chance to entertain him when all he can think about is how he can't spend time with his friends.

So, I guess I'll just settle for keeping him fed and allowing he and my son to play as much PS2 as they want for the weekend. And, maybe I'll score points by introducing him to the three totally cute girls who live the next two houses down from ours which are about his age.

No, wait! Then, again, maybe I WON'T!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a brave woman, Auntie MomCat.

Better clear your history and your cache so that he doesn't find out about your secret life online ;)

10:58 AM, November 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home