Random Bits of Goodness All Fried Up in One Pot
Welcome back to a Sunday edition of the Stir Fry--a heaping bowl full of all the crazy things floating around in my brain, all mixed up in my big wok for your reading consumption. It's been awhile since we've dined, so dig in and enjoy! Don't worry, there's no MSG!
- My throat feels like raw meat right now. Don't you hate that just before getting sick feeling and the realization that you may get to spend turkey day feeling like crap? Ironically, the last Stir Fry I wrote several months ago had me whining about a cold. Is Stir Fry making me sick? One has to wonder!
- NaBloPoMo is kicking my buttocks, but it is on the downward slope now. I think I can finish, I think I can finish! A little push, people...just give me a little push!
- I'm finding myself struggling still with diet changes to make an impact with weight loss. It's depressing to me to work out as hard as I do and not have it show on the scale, even if I'm gaining muscle. Future blog posts on this to come soon...
- Married folks, don't you hate the cyclical ups and downs that committed relationships bring? Or is this just my committed relationship? I have nothing else to say on this, just that.
- I'm attempting to stalk an editor right now for a local publication for which I'm dying to break into freelance writing. The first edition of the magazine came to my doorstep this week and I read it cover to cover. I'm more certain than ever that I'm a great fit for this publication. Any tips from freelance writers out there? How do I get this editor to stop blowing my stay-at-home mom ass off long enough to see that I know how to write?
- Ironically or not, I discovered when reading that first edition that a writer for which I used to sub-contract is a features writer on the magazine. I did good work for her and we had a great working relationship. My paranoid/insecure side wonders if she was the reason I didn't get the gig yet. My self-confident side says I need to contact her and work her to get in the door or name-drop to the editor. What would you do?
- A teaser: there are big shifts going on around the MomCat house recently with regards to where we spend the holidays. More soon on that...
- Also, I was so thrilled to pick up my mother-in-law's copy of Southern Living magazine and see that cookbook author Susie Thacker was featured in a two-page article! Her cookbook is one I reviewed here awhile back for several other websites. I still cook from it to this day and get rave reviews. Well-deserving props go out to a mom who is getting her great book publicized and out there!
- My gym is closed for renovation during Thanksgiving week. And, my plans to jog the neighborhood trails instead have been thwarted by reports of a man exposing himself to unsuspecting women on the trails. I don't know if I fear more what I'd say or do to this pervert if he approached me, or what he'd do to me, but I'm going to have to high-tail it somewhere else for awhile. Ugh. What has this world come to?
- My teenage nephew completely blew all my preconceived notions about teenage boys out the window this past weekend when he stayed with us. The boy didn't suck down pure junk food, he was polite and even won over my two-year-old who definitely doesn't like older boys/men for some reason (this perplexes me), and he played with my son anytime he asked. He didn't stay up too late, or jump on our computers when we weren't looking or stay on the phone the entire time either! He didn't sleep very late, didn't even eat breakfast both days, and was really nice to be around! I guess I need to find out what my sister-in-law is doing and hope I'm already doing that for my kids. I will enjoy them during their teens if they are that well-behaved!
- I guess that's it for tonight! Check back soon for second helpings of some of the things I teased in this stir fry!