Friday, January 11, 2008

Dreams can come true...it can happen to you!

I was nervous as I dialed the phone. Almost giddy, actually...
It was a call I'd wanted to make for a good 8 long years.
And, here I was making it, and I found myself scared.
It was all coming together too easily. Much easier than I never expected.
But, what if it didn't work out? What if I was rejected?

I don't think I could handle that kind of rejection at this point in my life.

I dialed and spoke with her and we set a day and time.

The day came, and I frantically went about straightening and tidying to make thing seem just right--not too clean, but not crazy cluttered either. First impressions are important, you know. What if I didn't do enough? Or what if I did too much?

And, then the call...she was tied up and would need to come the next day. Argh! There is such a cruel nature to waiting! I have wanted this for so long and it is so close to my grasp! Patience is my demon!!!

And, then the day finally came, as did she. Would I make the cut? Would the numbers come in right to make this a reality? Even if it was just for a few months, I just wanted to experience it and savor in it for the time that I could.

I hired a maid today, y'all. And, I think this is the most excited I've been since I had my daughter. And, what am I doing to celebrate?

Well, I'll tell you...

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD, BABY!!!

(Ok, that's coincidentally our family trip this May, but it just worked so well there, don't you think? And I'm almost as excited about that as the prospects of having my floors mopped every other week too. Almost...)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I am so jealous... I am desperate for a maid! I resent that in my few hours at home, they're almost always spent on laundry, dishes, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms... etc, etc, etc!!! Good for you though! You definitely deserve the break :)

6:16 PM, January 11, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

So happy for you!

7:19 AM, January 12, 2008  
Blogger Nicole said...

I always get ads in the mail that say things like, "Life is too short to clean" and I think, 'damn straight!' You go girl! Enjoy every minute of not mopping, scrubbing and dusting!

10:34 AM, January 12, 2008  
Blogger Roni said...

I did it 2 years ago, it was the best decision I EVER made! You won't regret it!

9:40 PM, January 12, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't wait to be able to get a maid someday! I do all the cleaning after my 3 tornadoes!!!

Tara
www.mrsbow-jangles.com

5:30 PM, January 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home