Friday, December 14, 2007

Flashback weekend...

I lived in Austin for about five years. When my husband and I moved, we thought we were doing the right thing, moving closer to family. We didn't always feel we fit in, while we were in "A-town."

And, I found myself in the years that followed, making bi-yearly trips to see friends. Every time I went, I felt a wash of ease come over me as I pulled into town. And, I realized after awhile, that I probably should have never left Austin, as I missed it.

We've moved to another major city since then, and I'm at home here more. And, unfortunately, I've lost touch with some of my Austin friends. But, there are a few who I still stay in touch with, although I have to say blogging has sort of distanced us (one negative to the world of blogging--you stop sending emails because you assume someone already has read what's new with you). And, with two kids and one who is getting old enough to be into all kinds of activities, I don't get to visit my old stomping ground very often.

But, this weekend I am! And, more than that, I get to see my old friends AND stay in a rumored haunted historic hotel! So, if for no other reason than to hear whether or not my husband and I had to actually try and two-step at the western-themed company party (this could be more scary than hotel ghosts, people), check back here on Sunday or Monday for a full update! I managed to win a big bottle of Patron coffee liqueur that I may be taking with me as well, so THAT should be interesting. (If you like this stuff and have a great way to drink it, comment and let me know, eh? I'm liqueur-challenged--I even had to look up how to spell that!)

And, a BIG THANKS to those of you who emailed and commented on my last post. I have not decided yet what to do, but I'm sure my hubby and I will talk it out on the big drive this weekend. For now, MomCat is signing off!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite cousin lives in Austin and works for the SXSW festival. How cool is that? She loves Austin, too. Hope you have a great time and forget all your troubles for a couple of days!

8:27 AM, December 15, 2007  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Ooh! I am jealous of your cousin! I've only been once but had the best time at SXSW. Austin is such a great music town...

12:45 PM, December 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home