Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's baaaaaack!

...that lovely cycle of insomnia brought on by working too late each night. Goodness gracious, how have I found myself here, yet again? And, why am I punishing my few readers by making them listen to my tired arse whine about it, yet again?

A good friend of mine whose father passed away from cancer at a very young age gave me a pep talk the other day about realizing what is important in your life and learning to embrace that and let the rest go. I really appreciated her sentiment and agree with it.

But, when you've always wound yourself up like a top, how do you teach yourself to function in any other way, I ask you? Do any of you know how to break THAT cycle? If so, I'd love some advice please.

Because it is well past 1 a.m. and I'm not in bed, and because I my mind is mush from staring at the computer screen for 3 hours tonight (This was, of course, after I watched The Biggest Loser. And, dang, ya'll...Kae went home!), I will leave you with this...

You know you have a serious problem with insomnia when you are quite certain that you were forcibly kept awake until 3 a.m. one night this week because the hair on your legs was too long and you couldn't stop obsessing about it.

(This will probably repulse those of you who are male or are fanatic leg shavers. But, perhaps it will also intrigue you to know that long leg hair if left unshaven does give great discomfort against the sheets. Learn from my mistakes, people...)

Updated: And, yes, in case you are wondering, I DID shave my legs the next day!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger speedygeoff said...

you're making that up, surely? About the hair on your legs, I mean. "women", I will never understand them. you give us something amazing to think about, at times. mainly, are we the same species? p.s. love your work, keep it up.

4:57 AM, November 21, 2007  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Am I making what up? That the outgrown leg hair distracted me so, or that I let it go for that long? Or, sadly, that I'd find this worthy of a blog post? Please don't say all of the above, because I don't know if I can explain myself that much! HA! HA!

8:50 AM, November 21, 2007  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

I'm amazed that you would even give it a second thought. (ie that it so distracted you). I am also amazed that I would give it a second thought. And that I would be distracted by the thought of having given it a second thought.

4:23 PM, November 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home