Wednesday, December 19, 2007

For just one day...

For just one day, it all came together again...
after being unravelled for longer...
than I can even remember.

Small things fell into place.
A road trip with good conversation,
some work done on the way,
hair that cooperated for a change.

A meeting of old friends,
reminding me of who I once was...
and still must be somewhere inside.

Wondering if they see a change,
and they love me anyway or
just remember me fondly still.

Fun and fast sights,
enough time to take a short nap...
energy rekindled for the evening ahead.

A party that fit the personality,
relaxed, social, and fun.
Great dancing tunes.

New acquaintances eager to chat.
Alcohol flowing freely...
a buzz without losing control.

Socially confident,
and feeling I looked pretty nice.
Complements later confirming it so.

A small moment, where that confidence...
self love enveloped me again.
After so many years of it being away.

Like stepping into an old dress that I'd long forgotten,
and finding out it still fit just right.
Then, taking it off for another day.

An evening of romance between two
with their share of problems.
Forgetting worries and stress,
to let their hearts briefly roam.

It was just one day in my life.
But, in so many ways it reminded me...
that I am still in there, underneath...
no matter what has changed.

My life may feel lost at times,
my mind unfocused on what is best...
but now I know my soul is still intact.

The realization comforts me still...
even though it was just one day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angela Noelle said...

Wow, I'm so emotional right now... this made me want to cry! In a good way though!

1:12 PM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger babs said...

This gave me chills. You seem to be so much more than you were back then, and yet, still the same. Does that make any sense? You needed a good "grownup" day. :)

3:47 PM, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Nicole said...

You gave me goosebumps, too. I felt something similar on my solo trip to Texas last month. I remembered that I'm more than a nagging mother, I used to be a lot of fun! It's so easy to lose ourselves in everyday monotony and problems. Don't forget who you are. You are beautiful.

3:21 PM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Thanks, guys! This is one of those that I sat down and wrote in like 5 minutes...it just came out of me. But, it is so true to how I feel.

Sometimes I think if I wrote a blog post immediately when I woke up each day, stream-of-conscious...without a thought, it would be some of the most honest/best writing I could do.

Have a Merry Christmas!

4:47 PM, December 21, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Mamma!

6:08 PM, December 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home