Monday, May 19, 2008

Everyone--Jazz Hands for Disney!!!

Ok, so we're back from Disney and the trip was wonderful. I will write more about it in detail. But, today due to unforeseen circumstances, I've got to leave you with two short snippets to tide you over until I can write my usual lengthy details. First, a little ditty for you:

Went to Disney all last week,
doo dah, doo dah
Two queen beds--kids kicking feet
oh, dee doo dah day...

We got no sleep,
arrived to a 6 ft ceiling leak
Family arriving late this week...
oh freakin' doo dah day...

And, now my weird observations of our Disney World week. While at Disney, we noticed a freakish number of the following classes of people all week long:

Canadians
About 50 percent of the license plates in the parking lots were from Canada.

Morbidly Obese People
Suddenly it became evident why to other countries we have a reputation for being a fat nation. I don't typically notice overweight people, being a little pudgy myself. This was extreme cases of obesity. Hey, wait...maybe it is CANADA with the weight problem. Yeah, that's the ticket!!!
Oh, and did I mention, I'm officially on a diet now?

Crazy Elderly Lark Riding Maniacs
We're talking folks who didn't mind taking out you and your kids to push their way into lines. (Seriously, I have a bruise the size of a quarter on my thigh and the hubs foot got ran over by one cranky old woman.)

Dancing Feet Light in the Loafers
Lots of...how do I say this, flamboyant performers with excellent jazz hands. In fact, almost all of the male entertainers we saw were of the "jazz hands" variety and damn good dancers to boot! Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you...(grin)

Teen Volunteers
At our hotel, freakishly large packs of older high school students, all wearing Special Olympics tees roaming around unchaperoned. However, no handicapped people there at all. Maybe a trip reward for volunteering? How did all of these kids get out of school so early?

A Leafy Walker
My favorite oddly weird sighting was this Leaf Lady at the Animal Kingdom.


This woman wove around blending into shrubs and then walking out to surprise people. I'd have traded 10 Disney Princess meetings to get a shot with this character...she was SO cool! Here's a video of her I found on YouTube where you can see her odd way of moving.

I'll try to post some daily updates based on our experiences, later tonight. Please say a prayer for my air conditioning unit. While the ceiling damage isn't pretty, home girl just needs some cold breezes en su casa. This is Houston for goodness sake--late May feels like July in most places!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

WOW that green lady does look cool! I've never been to Disney but you're sure making it look good! That hang gliding thing you told me about sounds fun, too. Maybe we'll go next year when Coops is 5... Can't wait to hear more stories and MomCat observations!

PS you are NOT pudgy!!!

3:08 PM, May 19, 2008  
Blogger Andrew said...

I like how there are two related videos on YouTube, one called "Amazing video of walking vine woman at WDW," and the other one simply called "Creepy Vine Lady." I guess not EVERYone likes her. :)

10:10 PM, June 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home