Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Back to Music Appreciation...

My friend, Babs, tagged me for this and I hesitated to post anything. I'm BY NO MEANS on the edge of hipster music. And, I've blogged before that I have MPD when it comes to MP3s!!! Plus, the only time I get to listen to my music is IF my son has his headphones on when we run errands OR when I run. I actually feel in music withdrawal these days hearing all my pals blog about their latest music finds!

List ten songs that you are currently digging ... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to. Just for listening:

OK, here goes. Here are two playlists. The first has some older stuff, but it's got some of my current favorites too. The last is my running MP3 playlist. See below for who I've tagged too:

Just for car singing:
One Moment More - Mindy Smith (LOVIN' this one right now)
Falling - Mindy Smith
Come To Jesus - Mindy Smith
Toxic - Brittney Spears (YES, I like this...SHUT UP ALREADY!)
Where is Your Heart - Kelly Clarkson
Gone - Kelly Clarkson
I Know You By Heart - Eva Cassidy
Songbird - Eva Cassidy
Breathe - Anna Nalick

Running tunes:
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Yeah - Usher
Caught Up - Usher
Why Can't I - Liz Phair
Somebody Told Me - The Killers

Animal - Nine Inch Nails
In 'da Club - 50 Cent
One Last Breath - Creed
Dancin' with Myself - Billy Idol
Who Let the Dogs Out - Baha Men
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns and Roses
Sweet Child of Mine - Guns and Roses
Paradise City - Guns and Roses
Good Vibrations - Marky Mark
My Sharona - The Knack
You Spin Me Right 'Round - Dead or Alive
Everybody Have Fun - Wang Chung
Faith - George Michael
Wild Wild West - Escape Club

What are you currently loving? Got some great running/working out songs? Do you feel sorry for my mainstream music ass and want to help show me the light? Comment back, if so.

If you don't like to post memes on your blog, just put them in my comments here! For now, if they happen to visit here and see this, I will tag:

Lucinda
Heatheranne
Krystyn

3 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

This is great- We have so many of the same musical "influences"- Two days ago, I heard "Toxic" on the radio and thought "I really need to download that song- and not tell anyone I did it." Same with Kelly Clarkson. I like her. I can't help it.
I'll post a few I like on my blog- Thanks for asking.
By the way- here are two singers you should check out, both male:
Jesse Winchester (I like his "Live From Mountain Stage") and Elliot Smith (I think "XO" is pure genius)

3:28 PM, August 02, 2005  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

You are SO right. These days, it is like you have to keep your "mainstream pop" music likes in the closet for fear of being outed. Oh well, I don't care! How cool am I really anyway as a suburban mom of two? Add to that the fact that I actually WATCH and LIKE Desparate Housewives and I'm SOOOO on the outs! Shh! Don't tell! HA!

Thanks for the music tip. I think I've heard of Elliot Smith. I'll have to go check those out with the other lists I've gotten from friends today. Yay--I love new tunes!

3:38 PM, August 02, 2005  
Blogger babs said...

I totally dig your running tunes! If I *ever* get into doing that sorta thing again, I might have to copy your list. :)

10:08 PM, August 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home