Monday, December 05, 2005

The Name Game

It may sound silly or trivial and completely be unnecessary for a blog post, but I've got to say it:

Thank you Bennifer II! Thank you for finally bucking the annoying trend among Hollywooders for naming their babies after inanimate objects or just plain stupid-sounding names! Ben and Jennifer have chosen "Violet Ann." Now, I realize that this isn't as mainstream as say Mary, Elizabeth, or Laura (all great names, I think), but at least it is more traditional. I actually like it! It sounds old-fashioned, classic, and pretty.

Now, let's hope gone are the days of Apple, Banjo, Coco, and Diezel. And could we ever forget Pilot Inspektor? Please, let this normal naming thing the hot new trend! Maybe it will take over the marry-'em-then-dump-em thing that is going on too!

If you asked me, this naming is a good sign for their marriage. I must admit, I was really over Ben Affleck after the whole Bennifer media blitz. When he first became a known actor, I thought he was nice eye candy too. But the over-publicized thing got so old and seemed as fake as TomKat's consistently annoying "love affair."

Interestingly, I've noticed that Ben and the new Jen have kept a much lower profile and seem MUCH more comfortable in photos together doing NORMAL things, like shopping, going to ballgames, etc. There's less flash and more normal life going on there, I hope. And, maybe that's a good sign for little Violet as well...if you asked me, she probably needs all the help she can get!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen sister!

11:17 AM, December 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Jennifer Garner just seems like such a down to earth, fun girl--I think she's what Ben Affleck needed to bring him back to reality. I really hope that they can remain happy, even though it's hard not to be skeptical in the Hollywood romances of today.

And I love "Violet Ann" as well--I adore all of those old fashioned names. Much better than Audio Science for sure!!

4:04 PM, December 05, 2005  
Blogger babs said...

I love the name Violet Ann too!

However, I do have to tell you that I heard the other day that Bennifer II have a contract with Starbucks... that's why you always see pictures of them either at or near a Starbucks. Like, I guess they get paid for that as an endorsement? But I don't really blame them from profitting from the evil coffee empire. ;-)

1:27 PM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger susan said...

You forgot to mention Penn's daughter (from Penn and Teller)...her name is Moxie Crimefighter.

Violet Ann is much better sounding.:)

12:10 PM, December 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home