Friday, November 18, 2005

Rambling Randomness

I'm about to hit the sack and I leave in the morning for my short 1-day jaunt to see friends and escape from mommyland for a short while. But, before I go, let me share some random thoughts I've been having. If you're new, perhaps this will clue you in as to why the first part of my blog name is "Crazy."

  1. I've become obsessed with hummus. (Well, not too obsessed because I had to look up the spelling of it for this!) More specifically, I'm digging on Athenos Roasted Red Pepper hummus. I will eat it on anything really...or by itself. I inhale it at a rapid pace. So fast that no one else in my family knows of this obsession I would bet!

    Now, what is odd about this is that I used to find this food absolutely repulsive in taste, odor, and texture. I was not a bean dip type of person. And, before you ask, no I'm NOT pregnant. I'm diabetic and trying to lose weight. I NEED to embrace some healthy foods people! But, if I start raving about freaking TOFU, you'd better plan the intervention, OK?

  2. I have NOT been hitting the mark lately with dinners at home. I actually love to cook and am usually a decent to good at-home chef. I'm not much of a baker, but I compulsively collect recipes and say I'm going to try them. I get around to trying about 1/3 of them in the end and the rest just collect and make my life cluttered. The problem with this love of cooking is that I'm married to someone who would be happy if I cooked the same 5-6 meals every week. Seriously.

    And, the other problem is, due to the health condition listed above, I can't really cook the food my family loves. It has to be healthier, or I have to start eating a separate menu from everyone else and that's just NOT going to fly around here. So, this week I tried several new things and all were flops. Tonight, even the fajitas were flops. How can you mess up fajitas? Oh, did I mention that no one in my family eats vegetables either? How DARE I throw in onions and peppers WITH the meat! Sigh...

  3. Now, speaking of those fajitas, I just went downstairs to wash dishes, where I found a mixing bowl and a lone piece of fajita meat, just hanging out in the bottom of my sink like they were old pals. The meat was repulsively soggy and well washed from others rinsing off their plates. And, all I could think when I was looking at it was:

    a> Do I have to really touch this to get it down the disposal,

    b> No WONDER no one ate their dinner, and

    c> "It's Doooo-deeee!" (Late 70s/early 80s film flashback---can you guess it? Clue--Baby Ruth floats!)

    Oh, I had a couple more thoughts too:

    d>Hey, I could blog about this, and

    e>What kind of a weirdo blogs about a piece of soggy fajita meat?

    f>
    What the @$#! is wrong with me!

  4. I am loving Karlababble's 100 Things Wrong with Me. This is a girl after my own warped soul. Go check it out--she's hilarious!
There are other things I could blog about here, but this is long enough to hold you for a day or so, isn't it? In any case, send the men in white suits after me on Monday, 'cause they won't find me here tomorrow! Hasta!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is these sorts of posts that really help ya to get to know a fellow blogger. I am loving it!

I love the new look by the way!

11:18 AM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger karla said...

I LOVE the banner at the top of your page! I love the way it looks, and I especially love the phrase "Clawing at that fine line between sanity and howling chaos."

On the other hand, I hate it that it wasn't my idea.

6:43 PM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

You can't believe you're writing about soggy fajita meat? Well I can't believe I'm reading about it. So we're even!

11:10 PM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger Kate B. said...

I have the opposite problem - Firstborn has turned into a vegetarian. Maybe I should send her to your place for the leftovers. :-)

2:25 AM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

Love the new look--and the hummus obsession. I love the IDEA of hummus, but I'm sort of a little scared of it...:)

The recipe collection? I've been carrying a photocopied recipe for baked apple french toast around in my wallet for going on five years and have never made it. Every time I clean out my wallet, it stares up at me accusingly. Still, I don't make it OR throw away the recipe.

7:29 PM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger Ex-playgroup mommy said...

Great blog! Ginger designed mine also!

8:05 PM, November 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home