Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Burstin' with NEWness...

There are going to be some changes here at Crazy MomCat, so stay tuned in the upcoming week or so for that. I'm very excited to show it off, and that's all I'll say!

And, more new things came my way today. After bragging on my husband for getting me bubble bath unprompted, he surprised me again with a biggie...but not without some torture beforehand.

It started last week when he dropped a "you'll have a surprise next week" on me. I NEVER do well with those kind of little nuggets of temptation. It drives me crazy, and he knows that. I suspect that's what he enjoys most about dangling the carrot at me. Many times, I will pester him until he is forced to tell me. But, this time I guess he learned his lesson and decided to play a little game with me to keep me off track.

Our conversation today went something like this:


"Are you going to tell me the surprise now?"
"What surprise?"
"You know what surprise! You told me there would be something early this week."
"Oh, I was just talking about the bubble bath."
"You liar!"
"I was just kidding. I wasn't serious about there being a surprise."
"Are you being serious? You really made that up? Because that is REALLY not cool..."
"Yes, sorry about that."

(this goes on for awhile...then I hear...)

ding dong

I go to the door and it's UPS lady who tells me she's got a big Dell box to deliver. I question it and she says, "What you didn't know you were getting a computer? I hope I didn't ruin a surprise."

I jump back on instant messenger:


"You jerk!"
"What? Why do you say that?"
"You DID have a surprise. You got me a new computer!"
"Oh, no. Sorry. I ordered that for me..."
It's times like this when it is a tough decision between bonking the incessant teaser right on the head for torturing me relentlessly or giving him a big smooch for doing something so nice.

And one last tidbit of newness around our house. We thought getting rid of the pacifier would result in my daughter talking more. Well, she IS saying more words. Only now, she's started speaking a sort of Asian-sounding language that we can't comprehend:

Mum, mum, muuuum! Dah-Dah-Diehhh! Dah-Da-Diehhh!

So, you tell me, my dear readers, should I be concerned?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home