Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The ideal getaway...

This is the house,
where five moms sat...
...happily cropping away.

Forgetting, in fact,

their normal lives,
amidst the gardens
and beauty of their stay.

There was fishing and ponds,
Peacocks and swans,
and paths for walking each day.

A chance to be silent,

or chat like adults,
Was all these girls really craved.

So, after the pictures were placed,
five revived moms drove back home,
content and happy to plan their next crop away!
-----
OK, so my little poem was cheesy, I'll admit it. But, there's the photorama of my moms' scrapbooking retreat last weekend. It was an interesting time, to say the least. We had a wonderful group of people and we all accomplished a lot and left all wanting to come back again very soon. So, that's always a great sign.

There were some stresses for me during the trip, but I suppose most of that probably came from being completely exhausted and in a small space with people for a few days. All and all, it was great and I'd do it again next weekend if I could!

So, what is your ideal getaway from mommyland? Or, if you're not a mommy, what getaway makes you forget your life and just slow down and relax for a change? (Or, am I the only one who has trouble doing that?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home