Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A short breather...

I am going to take a few days breather here from blogging, to regroup and give myself a break. I have some advice though before I go.

Don't ask to have someone you don't know review your site if you think you might not like what you hear back. I did. I knew the words back would be either glowing praise or harsh criticism. I got the later. The reviewers at this place are known for harshness too. I've laughed at it, and I've also read it wincing for the person they blasted. Now, that person is me.

I DID ask for it...so I am not whining and I take ownership 100 percent. It just stings a bit to be told your site is blinding and obnoxious and your content is depressing as hell. My last entry, yes, was pretty heavy and serious. Had the reviewer bothered to read on, they might have found some lighter stuff. I think, at least. My life certainly doesn't feel depressing, so I hope I don't always come off that way. And, I'm certainly not in the midst of a mid-life crises, for God's sake!

OK, I'll end this with just saying I'm not pouting and I asked for it. It just stings a bit to hear really blunt feedback. Ok, I'll say it...it stings a lot. So, I'll just take a breather and come back to you in a few. Happy blogging!!!

More soon, I promise...

12 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Take it with a grain of salt. You are the first site I visit when I log on. ANd I don't think I am the only one...

10:22 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Eh, ignore them. They're so catty and bitchy, it isn't even worth it. You rock. I'll come here no matter what people say!! :)

10:51 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

You've got a good heart, Steph, and lots of people love you for it. :) Take a little break and come back with great stories!

11:11 PM, February 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Steph, I hope you know and never doubt how much I love your writing!!

1:10 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm sorry about the review Steph. You're braver than I am - if that's worth anything. You have many fans out here and I think those are the voices you should be listening to. Take care of you:)

5:30 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your writing, too. Don't listen to "strangers," trust US, your blogging friends who love you and your writing!!

6:50 AM, February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Tyra...you know what they say about opinions. Phooey on them. They don't know you. If they did, they'd be right here with the rest of us.

8:55 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger em said...

Who are they and I will kick their little blogging butts! You write from the heart and that is all anyone can ask. Your blogs are honest and interesting. They are probably just jealous that your site is better than theirs. Keep on blogging kiddo!

9:06 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Jess said...

Ah, bugger it, MC.

Fok 'em if they can't take a joke.

Happy resting!

11:13 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Granny said...

This is the second post I've read (working backwards as always) but I don't need to go further to tell you don't let the turkeys get you down.

If you want to hear whining, drop over to granny sometime. It all hangs out, good and bad.

Best,

Ann (aka granny)

3:11 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Granny said...

I have now read back through groundhog day. What is their problem? Not only are your posts intereting, you're a poet and you just came up on my email. Amazing. Going now to read. All I could see was thank you. You're welcome.

3:15 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Sassy said...

You are way braver than me...no way would I get reviewed there...at least not at this point in my blogging life. LOL! I like your site, like the colors, like the content. So chin up!

1:24 AM, February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home