Friday, September 22, 2006


Random Bits of Goodness All Fried Up in One Pot

Welcome back to the Stir Fry--a heaping bowl full of all the crazy things floating around in my brain, all mixed up in my big wok for your reading consumption. Enjoy! And, please...excuse the coughing...hack, hack!

  • I was up violently coughing last night until 3:30 in the morning. So, I had to see the doctor today. Consequently, I missed getting to read to my son's class (hubs did it instead) AND I'm now about to bail on my scrapbooking evening at a local shop. Altogether now: TODAY BITES!


  • You know you've watched too many back-to-back episodes of "Lost" when you go to a new doctor and get a little chill up your spine because he looks so much like Mr. Echo.

  • Speaking of "Lost," (and I'm sorry I have been speaking so much about it lately), but is it just me or is the main "hero" character of the show annoying as hell? Dude, he was even Charlie on Party of Five, and I L-O-V-E-D him on that show. I just want to tell him to stop trying to tell everyone what to do and leave Kate alone already so she can cozy up to the likes of Sawyer...who is So. Damn. Hot.

  • Yesterday, I was the "annoying meeting cougher." You know, that person who starts hacking in your meeting and doesn't leave? Yeah, I was that person. 5 cough drops, a glass of tea, and a trip to the restroom later, I decided it was time to go. ARGH!

  • Even with an upper respiratory infection, there's still nothing better than an evening of fine dining on spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce and three of your favorite girlfriends. I almost forgot about the coughing altogether. Almost. Although, they may not forget it...ha!

  • Apparently, my son is doing better scholastically, but he's still struggling to remember to put his things away and take things to his two classrooms when it is time to go. How does one teach their child to take care of himself in this manner? Should I make him carry a backpack with him everywhere he goes and then periodically make him dump it all out then pick it up and take it to a different room? I mean, seriously. The child has an allowance and does things around here already. I'm at a loss...

  • I start Monday evening for my first consultation with my personal trainer. I'm soooo excited, but also dreading it a bit. I hope I'm well by then. Also, I hope the 2-3 more pounds I think I've regained over the past few weeks just disappears. Perhaps it will fly out of me during tonight's coughing fit? One can hope...although that would be one serious loogie.

That's all for now! Here's to cough drop wishes and antibiotic dreams tonight!

4 Comments:

Blogger Masked Mom said...

How 'bout nightmares brought on by the visual of the loogie? ;) Hope you're feeling better. Everyone I know has some kind of creeping crud this week.

11:59 AM, September 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cough. I hate it when I have an upper resp. infection. It lasts forever! I had spring rolls last night too- there so good. :)

I just wanted to thank you for the nominations. I'm not sure if you realize it but you nominated TWO of my sites- breath of life, and As the garden grows. Thank you! Very sweet of you. :)

2:49 PM, September 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! It wasn't you that was nominating it was our dear Shelli. :) She nominated you for best writing over at Mysterious Ladies blog Emmy's. Sorry about that, but congrats on the nomination.

2:52 PM, September 24, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Shelli--I will definitely let y'all know if I have a parenting epiphany with my son. I hope for one every day. HA!

Masked Mom--so sorry to make you sick. LOL

Tricia, thanks for letting me know--I didn't know I had been nominated! How exciting--AND THANK YOU SHELLI! And, now I have to go visit your two sites too, Tricia. Congrats!

3:48 PM, September 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home