Tuesday, September 19, 2006

World's Fastest Blog Post

Please excuse any type-o's in this. I only have a few minutes to post an update, but have lots of deep thoughts from my trip that I'll share either late tonight or tomorrow sometime. But for now, here's a random bulleted mess with what's going on with me:

  • My son's EEG test came back normal and we are all very relieved. I'm frustrated that I even had it done and I think we jumped the gun. His teacher emailed me that he's doing a bit better now in class. Maybe he was just overwhelmed and scared by first grade and shut down? I am hoping that was the case.


  • From that horrid experience, I have learned a lesson that I want to share with all my parent readers so they won't make the same mistake. Never blindly follow your doctor's wishes to have tests done without knowing fully what is involved and really thinking about whether or not you want them done. Learn from the mistakes of a well-meaning, quick-to-worry Mom like me...


  • Has your computer crashed while you were reading or trying to comment on my blog? If so, would you please email me (crazymomcat@gmail.com) and let me know? If not, but you know what the heck might be causing this, PLEASE let me know. I'm at a total loss. If it has been crashing on you, my apologies. I'm investigating it and hope to have whatever the problem is fixed soon!


  • Tonight I'm having a scrapbooking/hostess party for a great line of products from Close to My Heart. I know this screams of "suburban housewife" and all, but I have a serious scrapbooking addiction. It's one of those where you get free stuff if others buy. Well, I don't know about my friends, but my list is already so long that I'm going to have to start hocking pieces of jewelry to support this crop habit of mine!


  • This weekend was interesting, and the long drive home alone with two kids (who thankfully were very well-behaved in the car for me), gave me a lot of time to reflect on it. Deep thoughts to come in my next blog installment. One not-so-deep, but very true thought I had though, I could never EVER be a single parent. NEVER! (Note to hubby: "Have I told, you lately...that I love you?" giggle)


  • A hard thing to experience--when your parents are not eager to host outside family members (cousins, aunts, uncles) during a weekend when traditionally family has gathered. You cannot make someone be a gracious host in these kind of situations, but it sure does add stress to the family members who ARE happy to have their relatives in for a visit.


  • Along those same lines, I am now convinced I was adopted or dropped down from the planet Mars into the loving arms of my family. I am the only compulsive cleaner in a group of very laid-back, let the cat hair gather type of dear people. Being at my parents' house for more than a few days sends me into full-on cleaning arrest. It is NOT pretty.


  • My carrot cake is the oven for tonight, my carpet cleaner is prepped and I'm off to madly clean my own house for my party. Do you think there is some sort of 12-step program for clean-a-holics? I really hate the anxiety I get before people come over and how I have to do this panic cleaning, but it's just a part of my being. Like I said, dropped from Mars...

More updates soon. To my loyal blog readers and commenters, my apologies for being so out of touch both on here and on your blogs. I shall return soon, I promise!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Babaloo said...

12-step program for clean-a-holics? LOL!

Yes, I have had many many many many (many)(a lot) (several) (multiple) problems commenting on your blog. Sometimes the computer freezes when I click "post a comment" then I get an IE (interntet explorer) error that shuts down my browser and I have to open it again. Sometimes I write out the whole comment, then it freezes when I try to post and of course loses the comment forever. It happens from two different computers that I use (home and work).

Hope this helps and that you can figure out the problem...

2:08 PM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger TC said...

Glad to hear everything is ok with your son.

Have fun at your party, wish I could come!

9:15 AM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger Nicole said...

I am the only clean freak in my family, too. I don't know where it came from...

Can't wait to hear you next post! Glad to know your boy is doing better...

7:17 PM, September 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home