Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Girl, you must be up outcha mind...

I think I have lost my mind completely. I just attempted to turn down an offer to be the editor of a local magazine, even after the editor-in-chief had assured me it was an ideal type of job for a stay-at-home mom.

Am I nuts?

With my other contracting work and commitments, I just worry that I will not have any free time and I will stay up every night until the wee hours to get the work done.

And, then I think about the job itself and how it is exactly what I wanted for myself once my daughter goes to school in a couple of years and I start kicking myself for not immediately accepting the offer.

The Editor-in-Chief was shocked and did not expect me to turn it down. I waffled. I told her I'd like to talk to another editor for a second magazine she is over to find out the weekly time commitment. Then, she started waffling one me, obviously questioning my flakiness about the whole thing.

Dang.

Now, if it DOES work out, my credibility with her is under question and she won't be as enthusiastic about me as she was. If it does NOT work out, I will constantly wonder if I made the wrong decision.

That's it. Something is wrong with me.

ARGH!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger babs said...

Think about it, you have this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy your daughter's early years. They will not happen again. However, I'm sure there will be PLENTY of magazine jobs when the time comes for you to do more work. A job is a job is a job. I would hate for your "do not" list to get one more item longer.

9:16 PM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

Hey--look before you leap, right? The only way that can be a bad thing is if you not only look before you leap, but want to know the depth and chemical composition of whatever you're landing in, the speed and direction of the prevailing winds, the air temperature and its effect on your buoyancy--'cuz then you ain't never gonna leap.

I don't think you're there yet and it's probably better than you questioned it rather to accept it and not be able to meet the commitment with all the other demands on your time.

6:36 AM, March 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home