Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I want to be a big fish...

If nothing else than to post over that last lengthy rant and whine...

I just convinced my husband to watch one of my favorite movies with me. I don't know what it is about "Big Fish" but I find myself crying hysterically the last 10 minutes of the movie no matter how many times I see it.

The stories, the characters and how they appear all through the movie, the son realizing that his Dad wasn't really a complete fraud and embracing him for who he was in the end--giving him his final big fish story to leave this world...all of it. As I told my husband, you can't be a writer at heart and not just love that movie completely. It truly is Tim Burton's greatest film, in my eyes...

My husband actually liked it too--although Burton is a little out there typically for him. He agreed it was a great movie and I might have even seen him mist up a time or two, between my deep sobbing episodes.

That's all. It's spring break week and we have nothing planned. The thought of that makes me feel I need to come up with some big fish stories of my own to tell my kids or SOMETHING to keep them entertained, or I may go to my own watery grave!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger speedygeoff said...

Feel free to rant again. "Anything under 60 is considered young" - love that statement, I can just see it. I wish people would learn how to to empower the next generation. Or two. I have just moved churches for the first time ever (except when I have done it for geographical reasons). And made no commitments yet, so if you ever discover any pointers to how to make commitments where what you "have to do" stays thoroughly enjoyable for the lifetime of the activity, please tell us all about it. My contribution would be, make a commitment only if you have an end date agreed in advance.
Oh, and I am still not 60 for a few more weeks yet.

1:00 AM, March 18, 2008  
Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

I love that movie...
xo
LBC

5:44 AM, March 18, 2008  
Blogger Nicole said...

That's one of my favorites, too! I love how the hero guy (his yound Dad) deals with the giant who's terrorizing the town. It's funny and sweet at the same time..

11:12 AM, March 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that movie too! I haven't watching it in a while--I may have to pop it in the DVD player this weekend! It's such a great story, but it's also such a beautiful film.

12:31 PM, March 18, 2008  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I need to Netflix that movie and see it again. We liked it though!

6:53 AM, March 19, 2008  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Jeff--LOL! I actually could have made that statement say 70 even and it would have been still true! And, if what you say is true about your age, I am impressed completely with you and your long distance running self! You rock!

11:13 PM, March 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home