Monday, February 25, 2008

Taming the Inner Voices...

What my inner voice says prior to running for the first time in 6 months or more:
Don’t do it.
You’re tired.
You’re too out of shape.
You’ll never make it.
The neighbors will make fun of you behind your back.
Sleep is more important.

Remember how hard it is to start back?

What my inner voice says during my first run in 6 months or more:

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
Man, am I out of shape!
Aerobics and spin class really don’t not prepare you for running.

...

...
It sure is a beautiful day.

If I get too tired, I can always speed walk.
It's most important that I'm out here, now how fast I go.
Look at that landscape on that home.
Oh, I love this song.
I miss getting to listen to my tunes while I run.
I feel better now.
Almost there!!!

I can't believe I made it!

What my inner voice says after my first run in 6 months or more:
You did it!
I feel fantastic!
Why do I always forget how good I feel after I run?
Oy veh, my feet hurt!
I can’t believe the surge of energy I have now.
I can do this.
I have to run again soon. No excuses.
What my inner voice says in Muscle Conditioning class during lunges the very next day:
Holy HECK! What did I DO to myself yesterday! @#$@#$@#!!!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

LOL!!! I think that every time I exercise...
xo
LBC

1:19 PM, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, that's too funny. I just experienced this a couple days ago! I've been doing Pilates but not as much running and it's the same for me...I try to talk myself out of it but I'm always so glad I did it when I'm done!

5:44 PM, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Roni said...

LMAO

10:00 PM, February 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home