Friday, March 28, 2008

Is it just me...

I guess this is a pet peeve of mine in blogland...sometimes I get really annoyed by blog writers who seem to purposely find reasons to post on something controversial...just to get the hits. It is like as long as they're getting attention, they don't care if it is hate comments because it ups their stats...thereby making them closer to the "big time" bloggers. There are a few blogs that I still try and read, in-between these kind of posts, because I've read them forever and when the writers are just being their authentic selves, I genuinely enjoy reading.

I realize that some may be turned off by my reviews on here as well. So, maybe it isn't that different. I just find it ridiculous to purposely try and stir the pot to get hits. I mean, if it is in the news of the day or something, it is one thing to bring it up. But, sometimes I think these writers sit around and think up what the most controversial thing would be to post.

"Hmm...what will get them this week? Insulting kids with cancer? OK, that sounds good. That oughta get a reaction..."

Granted, my blog topics may not be nearly as exciting. I post here for a writing outlet and to keep in touch with friends old and new. Sometimes this blog format doesn't fit what I want to post. I've often thought about creating another place--be it for creative writing/professional purposes, diet and health, or whatever else is on my mind. But, I end up just coming back to this one blog. I haven't even bothered to split off my reviews onto a separate blog. If I have something to say, I WILL say it--even if it isn't politically correct. But, I don't search for things TO draw attention or offend/work up readers.

What do you think about approaching controversial topics? Do you find you avoid them, post with tact, or jump right in and challenge your readers to comment away?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

I'm not one for controversial topics. My family reads my blog and I don't need a family war...

Besides, I'm way to lazy to write about controversial topics. I can barely get a post about what's going on in my life up there...
xoxo
LBC

7:16 AM, March 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home