Sunday, May 25, 2008

M is for the mondo shopping trips she takes...

I wish I could say this conversation was atypical for my mother and me, but it is not. I found it very amusing all the same.
Mother (while driving to a huge pottery warehouse she asked to go to): "
Well, I certainly HOPE this shopping trip isn't going to put you out at all. I mean, I don't know what you all had planned for today."

MomCat: "Not at all. I haven't been there in over a year so it will be fun to go and look around. I'm sure we'll be back in time for Hubs to take Wildcat to his friend's birthday party in a few hours. "

(pause)

MomCat (laughing): "I mean, it's not like we're going to shop here for THREE HOURS or something..."

(awkward pause--Mother looks at MomCat surprised, indicating that three
hours wasn't an unreasonable time to look at pottery and silk flowers to her at all)

Mother: "Oh, well...(begrudingly)...I guess I'm glad you told me that up front then."

Labels: