Monday, May 16, 2005

A Gross Diversion Off the Travel Topic...

So, I have a medical question for you all out there. I admit this will definitely fall under the category of TMI (too much information). But, how long does it take for merry old Montezuma to take his revenge anyway?

I always thought it was a few days. And, I'm assuming that now too. Plus, yes we were in Mexico, but we were in a fancy RESORT in Mexico, which we never left and we never got sick there...until...

The past 24 hours have been pure hell. I think it is a combination of things hitting our house, rather than Montezuma. (I've now heard of two of my son's classmates/buddies who've had a stomach bug in the past week) It seems like a flu bug that has decided to infect each of us in its own "special" way.
  • My son--unfortunately, has the "barfies" and kept little down all day until some chicken noodle tonight.
  • My daughter--well, let's just say she's been doing the diarrhea diaper tango for the past few days
  • I've--had some cha-cha moments like my daughters as well (TMI, Steph, TMI!), but mostly have had this horrendous sinus/allergy/slimy-snot-down-the-back-of-your-throat-coughing-all-night thing.
  • My husband--miraculously has been spared with all but a headache so far. THANK GOD! Someone has to take care of the rest of us, we're falling apart at the SEAMS here people.
I also have my pride at stake on this Montezuma question, I have to admit. Certain family members questioned us for going to Mexico in the first place, acting as if we were going to be pushing our 1-year-old's stroller down the filthy streets of some border town, haggling with street vendors for rancid tacos made of dog meat and drinking to our heart's content from pure bacterialized water from an old rusty hose faucet on said filthy streets. (OK, I exaggerate and digress...but STILL, I don't want this to be Montezuma's, OK?)

OK, tomorrow I'll give you the third installment of the travel log from our vacation, a big day at the wildlife park. But, if you are getting SICK to death of my over-detailed daily blog entries of this trip and you want it in a nutshell, feel free to mosey on over to my family-friendly/picture-laden blog, Sincerely Steph., where I originally began my blogging adventure. I only ask that you keep this blog under wraps if you comment on that one...this one is just for "special" friends and total strangers!

: )

3 Comments:

Blogger Dipu said...

Well, the stomach virus could be Mexico-related. Coulda been someone on the plane. Coulda been Chinese food. Coulda been something from before the trip that traveling exacerbated. There's been a lot going around lately, it seems. What's up with that? Superbugs?

You're worried these travelogues are too long and detailed?! To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, that's not an over-detailed travelogue ... THAT'S an over-detailed travelogue!

12:02 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Tee, hee, hee! Well, Dipu, I never SAID I was the ultimate in lengthy travel writers. We ALL KNOW, that is you, my friend! (grin)

10:16 PM, May 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

1:45 PM, November 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home