Sunday, May 15, 2005

Xcaret, Mexico--"Day Two: Attack of the Crabby Patties!"

Sorry this is a short "just-the-facts-ma'am" kind of report today. Both my kids and I have some kind of virus or bug, and we're each taking a symptom--me with the cough and cold, them with the gastrointestinal stuff. UGH! More on day three soon!!!
------------------------------------------

Pardon my SpongeBob reference in the title, but I have a 5-year-old boy...we speak SpongeBob fluently in our house! And, "crabby patties" are what we should have been served on our second day at Xcaret, Mexico. I don't know if it was the flight, the fact that my daughter woke us up 6-8 times during the night, or just general jet lag, but we were ALL so grouchy a lot of this day. I ended up being glad we didn't have a lot scheduled for us to do!

The day started with an attempt to take the kids to the beach. We discovered one thing at this attempt--my kids don't really like the ocean much. Granted, the beach area (shown below) was not that big and the water (because it was sort of an inlet area) was quite cold. Natalie cried and buried her head in my shoulder most of the time. Ryan was OK, but not that into it either.


Beach area at our resort Posted by Hello

So, we cut the beach trip somewhat short, explored some more and swam back at the pools near our room. And, speaking of our room, the balcony overlooked our favorite swimming spot which was also next too the pink flamingos area.


Pink flamingos out our balcony window Posted by Hello

That night we ate a fabulous dinner at a Meditteranean restaurant at our resort and went to bed early, looking forward to our adventure at the wildlife park the following day.


Before dinner on evening two Posted by Hello


The kids blow kisses to the camera Posted by Hello

Stay tuned for
"Day Three--Invasion of the Honkin' Big Iguanas"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home