Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A non-blog

I don't have time to write anything too heavy tonight. We are just a few days away from our first, out-of-the-country family vacation with the kids and I am starting to feel the stress. Neither of my children has ever flown, if you can believe it. Actually, this gets me to thinking about flying, and my fears thanks to someone from my childhood. I have a future blog topic there to share sometime soon.

Anyway, if you have tips or advice for flying with kids 5 and under, please share them! I so SURE I'm going to forget something major or do something to screw our trip up! (Postive, aren't I?)

Aside from that stress, I am worried about leaving our house. Rumor has it there have been MANY home burglaries in our section of the neighborhood this past week, all of which have involved tripping the alarms in homes. Some have happened even while at-home moms are picking their kids up from school. It's a professional job, with people scouting out when people are home and then having a look-out person. Freaky stuff for our neck of the woods--I guess the bad guys have found suburbia.

I watched that show House again tonight, and I'm rapidly becoming hooked. It just flows so nicely after watching the freak-show that is American Idol, to then watch a freaky medical drama! Oh, and on American Idol, I am just SO SURE that Simon purposely bashed Vonzell tonight so that her voters would get out and vote. The woman was flawless. Clever boy, that Simon...clever boy. Now, if someone could just jazz up his wardrobe and get him to relax on that over-layered boxing coif, he might have something going.

I will try to write something else on here before we leave. If we have internet access, I'll blog about our travels. If not, I'll have lots to share with when we get back!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i took the plane with my then 2 and half years old sons last year, it was a 3 hour flight, not very long but still. you won't believe it but i got the best advice from Candace Cameron's website. do you know her? she's the actress who used to star in the tv show "Full House"!!!!!! she has three kids now. here's her advice:


"My advice is to take lots of snack foods. It's hard for Toddlers to sit for so long, and toys usually aren't as appealing as food. Even if you're on a scheduled feeding time, let it go for the trip. Feed them as much as it'll keep them happy. (But don't bring high sugary foods, then you'll wind them up with no place to go!) I'd bring a small toy or two, but load up on food and drinks. Fill a few sippy cups, so you don't need to wait for the flight attendant to come down the aisle. Your child will probably be screaming by then ;) Also, don't forget their favorite blanket, or stuffed animal. Whatever they sleep with. Bring it on the plane with you. And last, but not least, don't let all the evil eyes bother you, if your child starts crying. There's nothing you can do about it, or anyone else. It's always good to "make nice" to the person sitting next to you and your baby. When you sit down, introduce yourself and your child ... and say," Hey! You're the lucky person who gets to sit next to a baby!" Start off with some cheesy joke, and hopefully, they'll be light hearted and friendly back."

i followed her advice and everything went well. good luck!

1:20 AM, May 04, 2005  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Great tips, Irene! I just hit Target and got tons of things to keep my 5-year-old busy (workbooks, fruit chews, snacks, games) and will stock up tons of snacks for my daugther as well. She is SO into eating (and over-eating) right now that I know that's what will keep her happy and busy! Thanks!

1:02 PM, May 04, 2005  
Blogger Lisabell said...

Wow. You can really tell I'm not a mom because my advice was going to be Benedryl. ;)

11:01 PM, May 04, 2005  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Oh, no...you're right on, Lisa! I have heard that from SEVERAL of my mom friends. HA! Actually, I also heard of a horror story of a trip to Spain where the little tyke had the opposite reaction to Benedryl and was wired the entire trip. SCARY!

11:59 PM, May 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home