Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

So, I haven't posted about my running program lately, and I thought I'd update you. Things are on an "upward turn" for me. After laying off from running thanks to my knee problems and Barf-fest 2005, I was very anxious about having to try to run 4 miles at practice last Wednesday. After talking to one of the running coaches who paces me, I decided to just run 3.1 miles, which is exactly what I'll be running next weekend in the 5K. And, I survived! This week I will run once before Wednesday's practice and then it will be race time!

I'm still bummed about the conflicts with my son's t-ball game, but honestly I am reminding myself that I am doing this for me. And, even if I finish it with no one there to see, I will have done it. That is all that matters. This has been a really amazing experience for me and I plan to write about it when the race is all said and done.


Right now, I'm in freak-out mode that I'm going on a week vacation out of the country in only 10 days from now and I have done NOTHING to prepare!

So, wish me luck next Saturday and even more luck that I get it together before our trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home