Monday, April 18, 2005

A Forkin' Weird Discovery

So, tell me...should I be concerned if I found a very old, gold-trimmed, sterling-silver, cheap fork that looks like it has been through the garbage disposal just lying under my mail IN the mailbox? It was just sitting there, under my mail, as if someone "dropped off" the nasty-ass fork that I'd left at their house one day. It isn't even clean, people! Eww...

How weird is that? Is this some secret suburban curse that I've never heard of? You get a fork in your mailbox and within 4 days you will die of food poisoning? Or maybe some kind of stay-at-home-mom voodoo? Should I be worried that the archenemy who lives on my street is setting a trap for me? Or is she just trying to tell me to "Fork Off, Already!" Hahaha...

It gets even more weird...so, my son see it and goes, "Oh, that's Seth's fork."
I looked at him and said, "What?" (Seth is a boy in his class.)
He said, "Yeah, Seth had the fork at school one day."
Seth doesn't live in our neighborhood, so I asked him, "Why would Seth leave a fork in our mailbox? He doesn't live here and has never been to our house even."
My son goes, "Oh, I don't know. You KNOW Seth." (As if this is some inside joke...the leaving of a fork in your friend's mailbox. Oh, ha, ha! That old joke! I remember that....NOT!)

OK, let's hear about all of your bizarre findings in the mailbox? Anything really strange?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisabell said...

I am TOTALLY cracking up, out loud, in front of my cats. That is SO WEIRD! I'd be kind of worried too...maybe you should go lay hands on your mailbox and pray for deliverance :D (get it? get it?)

I am on some kind of roll today...

10:13 PM, April 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home