Saturday, June 04, 2005

disjointed talk at two a.m.

It's 2 a.m.
I wish I were sleeping.
My eyes are burning, my back is hurting.

My son has t-ball at 8:15 in the morning.
My daughter is crying.
Every. Thirty. Seconds.

I refuse to go in there any more.
It has gone on for too long and I won't hold her until she finally crashes.
I'm determined to win tonight.

If I give in, this will go on every night.
Every. Thirty. Seconds.
Screaming until I give in again.

Can a child literally cry themselves to sleep?
Can a mother?
Because I think I might any second now.

Is Walgreens open at this hour?
Do they have earplugs?
OK, how about a shot of tequila?

Hubby just almost gave in.
Offered to take her on a car ride.
Nope. Tonight's car ride will be EVERY night's car ride for the next year.

I'm about to prove to my 1-year-old where her stubborn genes came from...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home