Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Still here on the Earth...

This message is going out as an apology to all my friends. I truly have NOT dropped off the face of the Earth since we have gotten back from our trip. In fact, that would have been a pleasant occurrence, had that happened...a nice break from the insanity that has beset our home lately!

So, to give you an idea, and hopefully make you not annoyed with me for failing to email, call, or blog much lately, here's been my past few days:

Saturday
-Go to son's t-ball game (1 hour).
- Rush home; grill 100 hotdogs (I’m serious--but my darling husband saved me on this and grilled them for me. Yay!!!), prepare all other things for class party at the park (I'm a room mom and helping hostess the party.) (1 hour to do this) .
- Get to park for party and prep tables, food and so forth.
- Party at the park (It was almost 100 degrees, folks.)
- Fall into a coma from standing out in the hot sun for almost 3 hours.
- Miraculously recover from coma in time to make whatever food I need to bring to neighborhood block party.
- Rush to get last minute birthday gift for our niece, as they decided to come in a weekend early to celebrate her party.
- Neighborhood block party for kids finishing school up.
- Shoot the shit with neighbors for several sweaty hours. (Learn no new gossip to blog about, unfortunately.)

Sunday
- Skip church (ticket to hell), go to in-laws, celebrate niece's birthday.
- Scarf down some lunch in 10 minutes time.
- Leave for appt. at
Let's Do Dinner--(a meal assembly service business a friend of mine started).
- Assemble 10 meals for our next month.
- Rush to Target to buy ANOTHER gift for niece, since she already had the game we previously bought.
- Get back to in-laws, give gift, eat some cake (BURP), leave for home.
- Stop at landscaping place that's going out of business, buy 2 large trees, 6 crepe myrtle trees, 6 shrubs, set up delivery for next day.
- Come home, resume coma from previous day, only this one only lasted about 20 minutes thanks to tired and grouchy kids, wake up and feed kids foods with partially hydrogenated oils (yep, we're going to die AND go to hell) and watch Desperate Housewives finale (A MUST in my house! And it was SOOO good!)
- Go to bed, have horrible dreams of infidelity and lying (thanks to Desperate Housewives finale!)

Monday
- Weed front beds for 1 hour while waiting on tree truck to come.
- Get tree/shrub delivery.
- Take two extra-strength Tylenol for massive tension headache.
- Make 4 casseroles, 4 recipes of cinnamon apples for supper club (my turn to cook.)
- Grocery run--buy salads and bread for supper club.
- Drive the neighborhood on the way back, looking at 6 yard-of-the-month nominees.
- Come home and vote online for yard I like the best.
- Cook casseroles, apples, and bread and assemble salads.
- Deliver supper club food to friends.
- Come home and bake 1 more order of cinnamon apples for us, bake our dinner.
- Get 1 kid in bath, entertain the other until hubby gets home to help.
- Attempt to relax and watch The Inferno on MTV after kids are in bed.
- Take two extra-strength Excedrin Tension Headache for worsening headache.
- Get call from my grandparents that they'll be at our house by 8:30 in the freakin' morning for their drive-through visit.
- Realize I have to clean the whole house AND make a quiche by 8:30 in the morning.
- Sweep floor and clean counters.
- Come upstairs to type this blog to avoid mopping and vacuuming.
- Get to the end of my bullets and realize it is 10:15 and I am RUNNING OUT OF TIME!

OK, I'm done wallowing in my martyrdom now...thanks for listening and I'll post the last travel blog tomorrow sometime hopefully! Please don't give up on me, my friends. I will email you and make contact soon over more than a blog, I promise!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger babs said...

Oh my gosh, I got tired just reading this... in fact, it took two different tries! Sounds like you are juggling 10 zillion balls. (heh heh, I said balls) You deserve a big ol' bubble bath sometime very soon. :)

10:45 PM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Thanks! The worst is finally over and I'm ready for that bubble bath! HA! I fully hope and expect to have a really uneventful next few weeks to get myself back on kilter!

12:49 AM, May 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home