Friday, June 03, 2005

sucking wind

The title says it all. That is the ONLY way to describe what I did this morning as I attempted to run in the Houston humidity. You could have cut the air with a butter knife, my friends. In fact, my Indian name could be "Girl Who Sucks Wind."

But, I did it. I'm slowly getting back on track after completely dropping my running program after the 5K and during my vacation/post-vacation meltdown. And, here it is just after 8 a.m., and I have already showered, had breakfast, washed the dishes, emptied the dishwasher, fed the kids and ran about 2 miles!

I guess that is why I'm doing this. For those who are morning people, this doesn't sound like a lot that early in the day. But, I'm a night owl and have been fighting very serious problems with insomnia over the past few weeks. But, this feeling of accomplishment, no matter how weary my calves are, well it makes me feel good.

And speaking of "sucking wind," I may have spoken too soon about the perfect reality show for me. I watched Hit Me Baby, One More Time last night. Well, I missed the first half thanks to my son's t-ball party and a quick game of family poker afterward, but it seemed like I missed nothing by way of the performances.

Folks, in summary, it is just a tad bizarre seeing A Flock of Seagulls without the "hair flocks" singing a current overly lame Ryan Cabrera tune. Very weird. And, Coffeegirl was right when she commented that Loverboy now looks like David Hasselhoff. I didn't even recognize him. Tiffany, looking much the same in the face but sporting a nice post-kids spare tire around the middle, attempted to sing Kelly Clarkson (I'm biased here, I have both of Clarkson's albums and REALLY love the latest one). Mall Queen Tiff. didn't quite make it, if you asked me. In the end, the audience voted and picked the band I'd have most definitely picked--Arrested Development, who seem to have still held on to their originality and talent. They sang Los Lonely Boys hit "Heaven" and put their own spin on it and really sounded fantastic.


The host was absolutely dreadful (no Ryan Secreast--as annoying as he can be!), and the show fell flat for me. Still, I'll probably watch next week...after all they have Vanilla Ice, Tommy Tutone, The Knack, AND The Motels. As bad as it was, they may have STILL hooked me. How sad is that?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, err, sorry I missed it? No, not really.

8:21 PM, June 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home