Thursday, June 02, 2005

random musings

I have nothing big to write about tonight. It's been a rough few days...well, month, around here. So, instead, I'll share with you my random thoughts for the day:

They have possibly created the perfect reality t.v. show for me. Have you heard of "Hit Me Baby, One More Time" on NBC tomorrow night? They take old bands, mostly from the glorious decade that was my youth--the 80s--and give them another shot to perform and be judged. I can't WAIT to watch! The likes of Wang Chung, Loverboy, The Knack, all are supposed to be appearing. I don't know if this is a series or a special, so we'll see. I'll give you a review after watching!

And, speaking of watching, I really didn't think I'd get hooked to Sex & the City reruns on TBS. I mean, TBS--how can they SHOW the real Sex & the City. But, surprisingly, it's still a fun and witty show, minus all the sex. I have decided that I really WANT to be Carrie Bradshaw (Sara Jessica's column-writing/neurotic character), but in reality I am probably more like a combination of Miranda and Charlotte. I fantasize about having Carrie's life. The only part that doesn't fit in my mind is her over-the-top fashion sense and her obsession with shoes. For some reason, I'm missing the girl gene denoting shoe obsession. Maybe someday I'll find it though.

My husband and I are also addicted to watching the ill-fated but awesomely funny Dave Chappelle show too. And I'm bummed because I don't think he'll be back next season. Politically incorrect humor has never been done better than Dave's show--he manages to make just about every segment of society the butt of his humor, and you still are falling out of your chair laughing.

That's all I have that is even remotely interesting tonight. My daughter is on a sleeping strike and is still awake and screaming in her crib. (I am letting her scream. Dude, this is getting sooo old.) My son has been having horrible tantrums that I refuse to even describe on here. Consequently, or not so consequently, my husband and I are bickering a lot too. I think I'd like a frontal lobotomy and a big-ass margarita about now. Cheers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a spot for the "Hit Me Baby" show and I got a little scared. I think it was seeing that Hasslehoff-looking dude from Loverboy in a yellow and red headband.

On a different note...

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

3:23 PM, June 02, 2005  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Now, see...I saw that same commercial and thought, now THAT'S real entertainment. Everybody Wang Chung tonight! HA!

I personally like the "shit in" and racial draft. Oh, and let's see that in "slo-mo" (grin)

4:23 PM, June 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home