Thursday, August 18, 2005

Scoring Big?

OK, time for something a little more light-hearted, eh?

So, Aug 15th was my 13th annivesary with DaddyCat. If you've read on here, you'll know it was pretty much a non-anniversary, but quite honestly we weren't up for much more. We've both been sick for several weeks with a nasty head cold, I had all the medical stuff going on, and we were in the midst of getting used to the new school schedule.

So, that evening, I had to attend a curriculum meeting at the school to find out what my son would be learning this year. We had celebrated the day before because of this, but my husband took the wee ones to the nearby pharmacy while I was at the meeting to find a funny card for our anniversary. (This is more than I had done, actually, which is why I ended up blogging him a letter.)

After not having much luck with a card to be from the two kids, my son convinced my husband that he could make the card and they headed back home for him to do that. The result turned out to be more amusing than you might imagine:

A translation of the card, for those of you who can't read Kindergarten: "Mom + Dad" and "Score Big."

That's right, my son came up with this ON HIS OWN. According to him, the picture is of the Houston Rockets basketball goal and inside he put pictures of the Houston Astros baseball team. Apparently, he and DaddyCat had been listening to a commercial for the Rockets on the radio coming home.

Of course, my son doesn't know the double-meaning behind this, but we found it hilarious! And, even more ironic (and pretty darn sad) was the fact there was no "big scoring" in our house this annivesary. That is, unless you are counting who can hack up the biggest snot ball. (gross, but true...)
So, to you, my friends...I hope you SCORE BIG tonight! Hubba, hubba!

4 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Ha! That was a great card! I can't wait 'til Baby starts talking and saying funny things. I've got a whole library of sayings from the girls when they were younger (like "That man is growing a bald spot!")

There should be a study on how much the sex rate among parents drops when the school year starts. Going to bed at 10:00 and getting up at 5:30 doesn't leave much time for horsin' around!

8:00 AM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger christina said...

That is the most kick-ass card ever. Your kid is awesome. And yeah, his daddy scored big when he found you! And I suppose visa versa :) Thanks for sharing. Kids are soooo cute and incredible with the things they come up with. I can't wait for my little guy to be at that age.

This post made me smile soo much!

9:02 AM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger babs said...

That. Is. Awesome. Definitely a keeper for when he grows up!

9:55 AM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger Carol said...

So adorable. You two seem to have the same attitude about anniversaries that we do. We celebrated only 6 years last month and didn't have the energy to celebrate. Sad, but realistic. Two preschoolers + two over 40 parents = EXHAUSTED.

7:11 PM, August 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home