Monday, February 20, 2006

Drop and give me 20!

When I first started blogging, the 100 things lists were all over the place. So, I made a decision to NOT do a full list like that. But, this week's theme at Mama Says Om is 20 things, so I thought I'd throw my hat in and give it a whirl. More meaningful blog entries to come soon, I promise!
  1. When I can't sleep, I fantasize about redecorating my house.
  2. I love to cook and obsessively watch the Food Network.
  3. My dream achievement would be to write my memoirs and actually make a difference in someone's life after they read them.
  4. With that said, I don't really feel like I've lived that dramatic of a life so I can write little more than snippets of my experiences.
  5. Sometimes I long to travel the world so much that it actually hurts.
  6. No matter how old I get, I still love to go out and dance, though I haven't done that in some time now.
  7. Music feeds my soul and I can't imagine my life without it.
  8. I want to compete in a triathlon by the time I'm 40, even though I consider myself a pretty weak swimmer and inexperienced on a bike.
  9. I have a list of about five professions I'd like to do "when I grow up." None of them includes my profession before I stayed home with the kids (technical writing).
  10. My second toe is longer than the big toe, and for some reason I like that.
  11. I have broken both my feet before playing sports (though not at the same time).
  12. I am starting to like the definition in my shoulders, now that I'm working out with weights consistently.
  13. The movie Big Fish really moved me and I cry every time I see it, though I'm not sure why.
  14. I hate actors who think we give a crap what political beliefs they have.
  15. I hate being labeled to the point that it makes me rebel completely.
  16. Because of being labeled, I learned to hide the fact that I was in a sorority in college, and still sometimes don't tell people I was to this day.
  17. I always wished I could do a back handspring.
  18. I used to be a competitive baton twirler when I was growing up.
  19. I love how my daughter hugs me.
  20. Sometimes I wish I was more assertive and told people off more.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number 14 had me giggling -- I caught C-Span on accident Friday and RICHARD DREYFUSS was holding a press conference about the war. Granted, I agreed with a lot of what he said but it just seemed so ridiculously funny that the only channel interested in what he had to say was C-Span...

6:39 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger sarah doow said...

My second and third toes are longer than my big toes ... didn't realise it was odd! Btw, I love the title of this post :-)

6:48 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Viamarie said...

You're absolutely right! Music, in the right dose has healing power. This magic called music surrounds me with comforting, relaxing sound while I go about my daily rounds.

Enjoy your day!

4:29 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I saw the movie Big Fish too!! It was very good and very escapist and moving all at the same time.

Triathalon?? Now I know you ARE crazy!

5:46 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know what's so funny, to me, about #16? The sorrority thing? I was in one, too, and at the time I was brainwashed into thinking it was something that I would treasure for the rest of my life, and I would make friends whom I'd have forever. Not a bit true.

5:47 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Tamara said...

Your list makes me miss you. Not sure how, but your list makes me remember seeing your head pop up over that makeshift cube wall in the "up the hill" building and then laughing at your facial expression. Or making you laugh. Thanks for sharing your list.

9:15 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

I loved Big Fish too. I bought it for my dad for his birthday. It's truly a great movie.

11:38 AM, February 21, 2006  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, a competive baton twirler...did you tap dance at the same time too? Great list...great list maker (you little perfectonist you!)

3:56 PM, February 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home