Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Confessions of a Sideshow Freak


Step right up, ladies and gentlemen...come and see a amazing spectacle for the eyes...a vision to uphold...

It's Crazy MomCat in positive mode! Look at her go! She's up, she's blogging optimistically about her great eating, she's talking in positive terms about the future. She's determined, she's inspired, she's peppy, and doesn't she just LOOK FABULOUS?

(amused laughter from the audience)

But wait folks... what's this?

a choir of deep gasps from the audience)

It looks like she's down. Yes, she's way down now. Oh, it is such a shame! She's down so low you might think she's certifiable. But, that's why she's not called the Happy MomCat, people!

She's way low, this time folks. She's marveling at her own ability to be so completely content and pleased with her progress in life one moment and then feel like just curling up and sleeping the day away the next. She's sad, she's mopey...she's just so BLAH it makes you want to look away. But, you can't, my friends. Her unpredictability has cast a spell upon you that will not let you go!

What makes this MomCat so crazy, you might ask? Well, no one really knows. It could be the diabetic wave she's been surfing, blood sugars pounding out some major waves and then crashing into a sleepy beach. It could be the insomnia...three nights of bad sleep catching up with her...now when will this cat ever learn? It could be the dieting that seems to only go so far, or the slew of bad luck that has fallen upon some of her closest pals, that has her feeling so low.

Folks, the truth of the matter is...no one knows what makes her so darn crazy! But, we do know one thing...tomorrow could be up or down and it could go from one to the other and back again. That's the thrill of the MomCat, ladies and gents...you never know, what you're going to get!

UPDATE: So, for anyone who has just read this and had serious concerns about me, or just plain decided that I'm too freaking up-and-down to read anymore, I should tell you that I snapped out of my funk by about 2 p.m. I'm not sure what it was, though I suspect it was blood-sugar related based on the feelings I was having. To better days, my friends...to better days!

9 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Oh hon, I hope you start feeling better soon. I know there is nothing worse than being down. Hugs!

1:13 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger Nicole said...

And we still have menopause to look forward to. Don't you love being a woman? I hope the clouds clear up soon...

1:53 PM, March 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the roller coaster of my mind. And this post? Gives me hope I might be - dare I say it? - somewhat normal.

Glad your day got better. :-)

4:33 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger Just D said...

CMC... you are just like me! It does always get better tho' doesn't it?

5:49 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Yes! Progesterone cream works wonders for the insomnia and the insecurity (and the weight gain!)

8:04 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I prefer the first pic. Looks proud, confident and very pleased with herself. The second pic looks so sad, down and really very depressed.

9:42 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Some of my favorite mood stabilizers:

Effexor (my favorite)

Chocoloate (only a temp. fix)

Handbag and/or shoe shopping (because who wants to try on pants when you're low?)

The Clinique Counter (lipgloss always fits)

Take it from another Crazy, this too will pass, but until then, know that we all love you and support you!!!

6:44 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

I was thinking meds, too. I mean, why not? Anything to make you feel better.

10:18 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

This is a little off-subject (but that seems to be a specialty of mine)--when I saw "sideshow" in the title, I couldn't help thinking of my C-section with Son-One, during which I was completely conscious and totally exhausted from having been in labor 37 hours, but that's a whole other story. Anyway, the doctor who was performing the surgery commented to the assisting resident that I had the biggest bladder he had ever seen and that I could be a "fucking circus sideshow" with a bladder that big. Nice, huh?

Hope things are still looking up! :)

10:13 AM, March 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home