Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Perfect Post - February

Two of my favorite bloggers, Lucinda (Suburban Turmoil) and Momma K (Petroville) have come up with what I think is the best awards idea in blogland so far. That is, to recognize your favorite post for a month with a Perfect Post award, to let other blog readers know all about them. It's a great way to find new blogs as well! The way it works is you pick your favorite post, and send them a cute button for their site (shown below). Lucinda and Momma K will list all the participants who are giving awards on their sites, so you can go and click through and see all the great posts of the month.

My only problem with this whole thing? Well, it seems to be just picking one. There are just so many of you that I love, you see! So, I will give several honorable mentions this month, and try harder next month to narrow it to just one.

Without further adieu...drumroll please....my Perfect Post for February goes to someone who is fairly new to the blogging world, and who happens to be a personal friend of mine. She probably won't expect this at all, but her post just captivated me like no other this month:


Tamara of "Land of Tamara"

A Perfect Post

Her post Distance (also contributed to the Mama Says Om theme of the week) was quite the read. I was transported to another time and place when reading this piece. Her descriptions of the people and the mood on her journey was really memorable. Thanks, Tamara, for a great story!

Honorable Mentions for February go out to:

Theresa of This Mom Blogs for her "Another Once Upon a Time" trilogy post, which also took me back to another time and place and kept me on the edge of my seat for a few days.

Lisa of Niihaus for her unforgettable "Patent Pending" post. (This post will have you laughing like NO other.)

I also have to give props to my pal Dipu for his "Turning Points" theme and entries, as well as pals Andrew, Lisa, and Babs for their great turning points contributions. Thanks to his theme, I learned so many new things about my old friends that I was in blog heaven!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent choice!!! Thanks for introducing me to a new journal! :-)

11:03 AM, March 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks. I'm off to read the others!

11:04 AM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Tamara said...

Wow!! Thank you so much for awarding me! I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy... I cannot wait to check out this site and the other winners. Thanks so much!

1:15 PM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Kimberly said...

You're always so good to us, Steph. Thanks for the kind words and thanks for being a presenter.

xo

4:02 PM, March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home