Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Wild at heart...


WILD...
From the moment you entered this world, that has been one of my favorite words to describe you.
You have a zest for life that is contagious.
You leave hearts smiling when you walk out of a room.
Bubbly and silly, you spend most days with a wide grin on your face.
Yet, you are also intense and driven. You know what you want and do not allow distractions when you strive for it. This will get you far in life when you are older, I am sure.
Your happy temperament is marked with extreme contrasts when you are displeased, which still surprises us most of the time.
You quickly moved from your smiley cuddly phase of infancy, and barreled into the toddler years with full force, unafraid of falling.
Testing limits are something you seem to relish, giving us a devilish grin as you continue after we have told you "no."
And, even after you have been scolded, you are there with a big hug and smile for us and a forgiving heart that loves to live.

When I think of you, my darling girl, as scary as it sounds, I think of the word "wild."
I don't know if that means I'm in for a lot of worrying and stress in future years as your mother, but I do know that I'm happy to be along for the ride.
And, something tells me, you'll teach me how to take a walk on the wild side by the time it is all said and done too.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wild and beautiful.

11:30 PM, April 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can learn a lot from our kids, yes?

7:57 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Just D said...

Wild is fun... it'll be a long ride but so worth it!

9:02 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'll bet you can't wait for the teen years!!! Sometimes I'm glad to have only boys...all I have to worry about are fast cars and beer, right?

12:03 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

She is so spunky! I just love seeing pictures of her. :)

5:26 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Cute kid you have. No wonder you're worried.

Happy Thursday!

5:57 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

She is so cute and looks like so much fun!

7:43 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

I have a wild little girlie of my own, so I can understand where you're coming from! But, hey, they say it's the ones who are QUIET as babies you have to look out for later on...

8:06 AM, April 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home