Monday, April 10, 2006

Interrupting my regularly schedule blog post...

I hate to barge in to my engrossing blog post on gleeking...but, this was just too damn good to not share.

It appears Gwenyth has named her new baby. Go read about it here and then come back.

OK, whether you followed that link or not, I will give it away. MOSES! She has a daughter named APPLE and now a son named MOSES, which begs the question what will future children be named? Adam? Eve? How about Ecclesiasticus, Deuteronomy or Leviticus? And, let's not forget about Kumquat and Pomegranate? Yes, Kumquat Martin has a lovely ring to it, I think...and think of all the great nicknames the school children could get from that one.

Is there some way we can ship some of these crazy celebrities off to another planet or something? This is really getting to be too much!

Ok, now back to my regularly scheduled blog post...

10 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Holy Moses!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Those poor children are going to need therapy by the time they are 8.

4:52 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Chrixean said...

I really don't understand this silent birthing thingy and Scientology in general. Isn't this some kind of cult already that the government should be keeping a close eye out for?

10:09 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Nicole said...

Naming a child Moses is just too much to live up to. I wonder if Gwyneth even knows about the original Moses? Maybe she just liked the sound of it...

10:48 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger christina said...

Ha ha... I read that as well, and honestly I was just so thankful she didn't name him after another fruit.

6:33 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Dipu said...

Moses is at least better than Apple. And if he became an athlete, he could follow in the footsteps of baseball great Moses Alou. Or he could become Amish and fit in pretty well. But Apple?!? I never understood THAT name...

9:57 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Just D said...

boy...he'll have a lot to live up to won't he? I wonder how old he'll be before he learns the story of the first Moses.

11:17 AM, April 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apple is weird. But really, I kind of like the name Moses.

9:24 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Chrixean said...

I actually know someone named Leviticus! They call him Levi....

9:49 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

I want to be appalled, but one of my kids has a definitely unusual name.

In fact, just this week he was with the rest of the tennis team at a fast food restaurant where the cashier asked for a name to go with each order. All the guys in line ahead of him gave obviously fake names and the cashier was getting exasperated with them. Then my son steps up, gives his real name and the cashier thinks he's just being a jackass like everyone else. Not that my son isn't perfectly capable of being a jackass, just in this particular instance, he was actually being sincere. In fact, I would say judging from how much JOY he got out of the whole thing, he was sincerely being a jackass--even though it was by accident. Or something.

10:37 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

I kind of like it. It was biblically inspired. So was Apple. If my next door neighbors did this, I'd roll my eyes, but the fact that superstars did it makes me like 'em a little more. Strange, I know...

10:02 PM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home