Tuesday, May 16, 2006

This cat's betting on Kat!

For those of you who hate the media hype and the television monstrosity that is American Idol (AI), you will be happy to know it is almost over! (That also means I won't be talking about it on here anymore too...lucky for you!)

As for me, I have decided that I have recovered enough to speak out before I see the performances of the final three tonight. I have had a full week to work through the clinical stages of AI grief over the loss of a talent like Chris Daughtry: disbelief and shock, anger, fear, and finally resolution.

I could go on and on about what an injustice it was that he was cut, and how crappy I thought it was the way they handled it on the air, but I will not. I comfort myself daily in the knowledge that he has way more of a chance of being a star in rock or alternative music by NOT being labeled the cheesy "American Idol." After all, it even took the amazing Kelly Clarkson a horrid movie debut and an album to put it all behind her. NO, Chris will be just fine and dandy, thank you very much.

So, now we are left with three: Elliot, Taylor, and Katherine. And, they are three performers that I don't really hate. So, I guess that is good. Each one has their strengths. Not one of them performed as consistently good as Chris in the competition. But, I won't be disappointed for any one of them to win.

But, it is time to pick a voice and declare my projected winner. After listening to all the "experts" and the judges give their predications of who will win, my decision has been made for me. I choose Katherine.

Why choose Kat, you might ask? It is very simple. I hate the fact that because their were three men and one woman in the final four, that she was completely written off. Katherine's been building, before last week's performances. I think she has the talent to pull it off too. Besides, Elliot's just a little "off" to me for some reason (though I think he has a great voice), and Taylor has that whole possession thing on his record (which wreaks of Bo Bice, doesn't it?) Katherine has openly shown her surprise at still being around and that is endearing. She is pretty and has a great voice.

And, when it comes right down to it, CHICKS RULE! So, my vote is on Kat. There, I've said it! Let the singing BEGIN!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

It's going to be very hard to see any of them go. But I have to say that I love Taylor. He is so unique and his heart is in every performance (even if it does get cheesy sometimes ;-)

I was surprised about Chris and he was one of our favorites, too, but I think I know what went wrong for him. Before he sang last week he started telling Ryan all about his fanclubs and all the gifts the ladies are sending him and then he announced what kind of undies he wears. It really turned me off. Part of what has always been so cool about him is that he's married and seemed to be a family man. Anyway, I think he came across as cocky and too flirty for a married man...just a theory. Sorry for the novel!!!

3:10 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

I agree about Chris's comments. I didn't like that either and wondered if he wasn't getting a little arrogant. I still felt like he deserved to stay though.

Your sister will be happy you're behind Taylor. She's also into him! I think he's fun too!

3:13 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger Tori said...

I am with you...
I was a little stunned by Chris but he didn't do that well on the Elvis...
I like her best out of the three...
Besides which - she looks like a star!

10:25 AM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Put me down for Kat too. Chicks Rule! The top 5 all get recording contracts!

12:56 PM, May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was heartbroken about Chris. Thought I might not watch any more. After last night, I'm glad I did. Kat's never been a favorite, but she had an amazing night. Taylor, though. Wow. I love me some Taylor. :-)

Seemed like Elliott was just way out of his league last night, to me.

2:07 PM, May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would buy a cd full of nothing but Kat singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"--girl totally blew me away!

Anyway, I've been a hardcore Kat supporter from the get go, and I really hope that she makes it. I do have a horrible record as far as being behind the actual winner of the competition though, so I guess we'll see ;)

Elliott has a good voice, but he's just not a performer, and honestly that's half of the competition. And I think Taylor is too much a performer and not enough of a singer. I'm starting to get nervous about tonight though!!

4:03 PM, May 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home