Sunday, May 07, 2006

Weekend Wash-Out

Can it really be since Wednesday that I've posted? Can it also be that I don't feel any compelling story in me to share? Well, here goes nothin'...

The ending of my week was spent doing about 10 loads of laundry back-load. If you read my previous post, you'll know about my washer/dryer debacle. I'm happy to report that we're actually quite happy that we had this simultaneous brain malfunction. Both machines work so much quicker, quieter, and more efficiently than our other machines that it was money well spent. I didn't even get tired of doing laundry, which says a whole lot since I normally hate it!

Amidst the frantic laundry cleaning, I was also packing my son and me for the family campout with his camping group (the hubs is on his own for packing) and my daughter for a spend-the-night with her favorite auntie while we camped. Because I'm trying to restart my weight loss and get back on track, preparations also included making homemade salsa from my freshly picked first-ever-grown tomato plants. Mmmm... It also meant planning out what I'd have to eat, slicing up lots of fruit and things to keep the intake healthy. By Friday, I was looking forward to camping for the first time in my life actually.

In the wee morning hours on Saturday, we were woken up by the thunder and lightening, and then by our toddler crying. The rains continued for 4-5 hours straight (and she chose to not sleep again) and we knew this probably meant the campout was, in fact, all washed up. Even if Saturday cleared up and was dry, the rain that poured over where we were going was not conducive to tent-assembly and trampling around. I'd already been told this was a "swampy" campout location complete with alligators. Yeah, I'll pass on that.

So, Saturday we opted for dropping off the little one with family and taking my son to his favorite game/arcade/sensory-overload palace and then we finagled him into furniture shopping while we were out and sans my youngest. (Have YOU ever tried to furniture shop with a wild two-year-old on the loose? Oh, you haven't. Well, maybe that's for another blog post then.)

So, I guess I'll have to put off all dreams of becoming a wilderness buff until next year's campout, unless the hubby gets a whim during the summer months to pack up and go.

Other tidbits:
I am 4 episodes into the first season of Lost, thanks to an old pal who had a 30-days free Netflix coupon and offered to share it. Oh, my! I am already hooked! Now, every time I hear a blip on the t.v. or radio about the show, I plug my ears and sing "LAH, LAH, LAH!!!" to avoid hearing anything. I am thinking it'll probably take me until this show gets cancelled to catch up, but oh well.

I have hit a roadblocking plateau with weight loss and have been dangerously close to quitting my program. The very small slivers of dessert I had both days this weekend are not going to work in my favor either. Send me your willpower and strength via the World Wide Web, would ya? I just can't give up on this anymore.

This is quite possibly the most boring blog post I have ever written. I have always prided myself in blogging only when I have a great story or something big to say. I don't like reading blogs that consist of "laundry lists" of people's routines. And, now I've fallen into that trap here. Gah! So, I'll end with a question for a change:

How was your weekend? Was it a "washout" or did you end up "fluffing and folding" your way to fun? (OK, enough with the laundry analogies. Right?)

10 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Ok - the post wasn't boring..now about your plateau. It will stop - you'll get through it. The slivers of dessert will probably kick start it. After I just wrote about this last week - I broke through!! I lost two pounds and I've kept it off for about 4 days - no up and down. Stick with it...you can do this. Eat something different, eat more protein, cross train - it will all help. Just hang on. I DO know how you feel and I know how hard it is to stay motivated!!!

10:30 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger babs said...

OMG, finally another Lost fanatic among our little blogging group!!! You'll have to keep me posted on your progress. :-)

Sorry about your camping trip... at first, I thought you were gonna say you pitched the tent in your living room instead (just like Claudia on Party of Five... talk about ancient history!)

11:27 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

What else can we moms do but of course the laundry. I spent my weekend, Saturday doing laundry too. I do laundry twice a week. someone comes to iron for us.

5:25 AM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Hey, laundry is my life. I just got back from being gone from my family and it looks like they wore every piece of clothing they own!!

Bummer about the camp out!

6:54 AM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Your post isn't boring at all. I find it comforting to know that my weekends are just as normal as yours.
LBC

7:54 AM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Thanks for the pep talk, Carol!

Babs--we almost did that tent idea actually, but by the time we got home that evening from doing other stuff we were all so tired I forgot. I'll have to save that for this summer!

Friday--oh, my...I am jealous of your ironing person. That's a GREAT idea!

8:26 AM, May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Michele sent me. I must say its hard to not do a laundry list post now and then. Fleshes out the depth of a blogger's realness I say.

2:35 PM, May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Carol. Whenever I reached a plateau, I'd change up my diet, eat something "taboo". Inevitably, it would kick start me up.

I've never seen a single episode of 'Lost'. I feel less than American, somehow. *snort*

8:29 AM, May 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was definitely not a boring post! You've certainly been busy, I can't believe you had so much washing to get through!!

3:20 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perserverence wins.

9:37 PM, May 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home